Posted in: Engineering in Bergen | Posted: |
NDT Global is a leading pipeline robotics service provider for the oil and gas industry. We provide comprehensive ultrasonic pipeline inspection and integrity management services around the world, with in-house developed advanced pipeline robotics technology. NDT Global is known for high quality and reliability furthermore we are optimizing our innovative research continuously. We have trust in our employees and encourage them to develop their professional skills and creativity.
Be part of our team!
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (m/w/d)
Career Level: Professional / Senior Level
Role and Responsibilities
Producing technical solutions to complex engineering problems and leading small teams on specific aspects of work packages as required
- Taking direction and guidance from Head of Engineering ART and working closely with Project Managers to deliver pig design configurations for commercial and development projects
- Working under the guidance of the Head of Engineering ART, assuming technical disciplinary leadership on work package/ sub modules or design activities as required.
- Occasionally leads small teams of engineers, designers and technicians to achieve project goals
- Providing technical guidance and coaching to others
Ownership and Accountability
- Accountability for quality, safety and fitness for purpose of design work undertaken
- Ensure ownership of issues and resolution for all work undertaken by self and team using internal and external subcontractor resource
- Producing hand calculations and detailed analysis as necessary to demonstrate fitness for purpose of all designs undertaken
- Produce estimates, plans, reports and supportive calculations
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans and review with SE
- Presenting technical proposals and designs at concept and detailed design reviews
- Familiarization and efficient use of design tools (AutoCAD, Inventor, Ansys etc.)
Design Practices/Templates/Guidelines and Standards
- Familiarization and use of design practices/templates/guidelines and Halfwave standards
- Contribution to design practices/guidelines and Halfwave standards
- Production of design templates
- Ensure compliance with design practices/templates/guidelines/standards and approved processes throughout Halfwave
- Provide engineering support and technical guidance to other Halfwave functions as required
- Technical discussions with suppliers
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Engineering design and development experience, demonstrated over minimum 3-5 years
- Educated to degree level, engineering or equivalent
- Member of recognized engineering body (eg IMechE or equivalent)
- Chartered engineer status – or equivalent
- Broad based knowledge and experience in a design environment
- Knowledge and experience in the detailed design and managing small teams to design and develop new products/equipment for the oil & gas environment. Broad based engineering design and development experience
- Multi-disciplinary design and project engineering experience (work package/sub module)
- Maintain state of art knowledge in function technology related areas to function (FEA, hydraulics, project engineering, control software, design codes, international standards etc.)
- Basic pipeline engineering
- Good communications and presentation skills – in English
- Great long-term career prospects
- Challenging tasks in innovative and intercultural teams
- Individual opportunities for career development
- Attractive remuneration system and flexible working hours
- As a SeniorEngineer you will be part of a diverse group of skilled professionals in a friendly multi-cultural working environment.
- The role of Senior Engineer within NDT Global is a diverse one with abilities required from all aspects of mechanical design engineering as well as an appreciation of other engineering disciplines (electronic, systems, software etc.).
If you are interested in this advanced opportunity in a dynamic and successful international environment, please apply by using our application system https://ndt-global.onapply.de/
We look forward to receiving your application!
Glasskaret 1, 5106 Øvre Ervik Bergen, Norway