Solar Do Poeta Restaurant is now under new management and we are looking to increase our friendly and professional team to accommodate our growing number of customers. We are looking for experienced waiting staff, with an excellent command and understanding of both Portuguese and English.
Working hours: Tuesday to Saturday. Sunday Lunch.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of the dishes and ingredients available on the set menu and the changing ‘specials board’
- Take food orders from customers accurately paying particular attention to any ‘special requests - dietary requirements and food allergies’
- Deliver food orders to customers and clear tables after each course
- Liaise with the Chef and kitchen staff regarding changes to menus and sold out dishes
- Work alongside the bartender when ordering drinks for table service
- Check identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers that wish to purchase alcohol
- Knowledge of wines is desirable
- Clear down tables and reset for new customers
- Confidence and accuracy operating the restaurant till system
- Build and maintain professional and friendly relationships with our customers
- Must have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Have confidence to use initiative and make suggestions to improve service if necessary
- Keep bar area clean and tidy and replenish items as needed
- A fantastic personality, attention to detail and positive attitude!
Candidates should have a CV showing a minimum of 1 years experience utilizing the skills needed for this position.
Please direct your CV to Elaine and calls to Simon, thank you.