Posted in: Engineering in Lisbon | Posted: |
We see ourselves as enablers of payments innovation. By providing a single point of integration to the real-time transaction data that exists within the world’s largest payment networks, Fidel liberates developers from the obstacles of time, cost and compliance that can hinder their ability to build engaging user experiences. Using Fidel’s platform, companies like RBC, Perkbox and British Airways have built some of the sleekest payments-led user experiences being used today.
Launched in 2018 by Dev Subrata and Andre Elias, Fidel is headquartered in London, with offices also in Lisbon and New York. We’re backed by investors including Nyca Partners and QED Investors.
In this exciting period of growth, both within Portugal and on the international stage, we are now looking for an experienced Back-end Engineer who wants to be part of this journey.
What you'll do...
- Design and build the core of the Fidel API.
- Design reliable, fault-tolerant micro-service architectures largely written in Node JS.
- Design and build integrations with third parties to add new value-added services.
- Automate safely deploying software, utilizing CI and unit/integration testing.
- Know how to prevent breaking changes, discovering solutions that are backward compatible.
- Maintain and nurture a cohesive architecture on a rapidly expanding startup.
- Guide and manage our engineering partnerships with our clients, facilitating collaboration and integration strategies.
- Share and spread your expertise through contributions to our blog and speaking at conferences.
- Contribute and help guide the open-source community behind Fidel.
We want you if...
- Node.js – 4+ years experience. The Fidel API is written in Node.js.
- Product – As an early-stage company, we're most interested in engineering leaders who understand how to craft raw software projects into compelling user-facing products.
- Entrepreneurial – Comfortable in a dynamic startup environment where change is constant and you will be largely self-guided.
- Leadership - You have worked on and helped lead a large project to success and understand the day-to-day intricacies of working in an agile collaboration environment.
- Cloud knowledge - You have worked in multiple cloud environments and understand the problems developers face when working on cloud infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
- Communication - Clear, enthusiastic and communicator. Able to lead and inspire teams and our customers.
- Remote minded - Experience working and communicating with a remote team in an effective asynchronous way.
Lisbon or Remote.
To be a great fit at Fidel, we look for individuals who share our values (be a leader, be encouraging, be adaptable, be honest, be humble). We have over 21 nationalities in our growing team and speak 27 languages, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and life at Fidel!
We're committed to making Fidel a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Macbook that you can take home
- Flexible working - opportunity to work from home when you need to
- Health Insurance
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Annual company off-site (Europe)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks & refreshments
- Friday team lunch & drinks
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Apply for this job