Job Details Company Overview
Director of Education (Position located in Fort Smith, AR)
The Director of Education is responsible for education programs and day-to-day operations at the West Center on Aging under the umbrella of the UAMS Centers on Aging located in the Fort Smith area. He/she will provide leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of education programs for the general public, older adults and their families, health care professionals, and students of the health and social service disciplines. This positionl will be responsible for all outreach to counties assigned to the Northeast Center on Aging.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate to experience Responsibilities
- Works with the regional and statewide leadership teams to develop the Center's strategic plan and update as needed.
- Attends staff meetings, foundation meetings, advisory committee meetings, COA meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
- Assists the director in the development and oversight of the budget. Explore and apply for grants, will seek needed technical assistance when needed.
- Coordinates and lead other aspects of the Center as needed to include: marketing, clinical liaison and community relationships.
- Prepares reports (including an annual report) and manages data for the Center.
Leadership for Education Programs:
- Provides leadership for the education program component of the Center. Establishes the various educational programs in accordance with UAMS guidelines and works with COA leadership groups.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other Centers on Aging staff in the development, implementation and evaluation of education programs. Is active in educating and training all target groups (community, health care professionals, and students).
- Provides leadership in the evaluation of education programs and staff, serves as a resource to other staff members who provide consultation, referral services, resource services, and training programs.
- Provides leadership in scheduling for education and training programs as well as implementation.
Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Master's degree in Healthcare, Health Education, Science or related field plus 5 years management or administrative management experience and teaching experience OR a Doctorate degree; plus 3 years management or administrative management and teaching experience required
- RN or APRN licensure
- Clinical, Clinical Education, or Geriatrics experience
UAMS is an [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director of Education and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director of Education of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Physical Requirements Stand: Frequently
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Continuously
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Continuously
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment, Outdoor Weather Conditions
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
Registered Nurse Certified