Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Creating CSS-based layouts using semantic, W3C standards-compliant HTML
• Review product specifications in order to give development estimates and product feedback.
• Innovative technical design and creative of technical specifications.
• Work in an Agile environment.
• Software creation, adhering to and feeding back into departmental standards and guidelines.
• Technical documentation that shares knowledge effectively.
• Self learning is considered to be a plus.
• Creative problem solver
• Communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
Key Working Relationships:
• This position involves working with and been part of a cross-skilled development team, and will have regular contact with teams looking after other aspects of Betfair products & tools.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
• HTML, CSS (layout, media, typography, selectors) at expert level
• Extremely proficient in cross platform, cross-browser issues, HTML problem solving
• Knowledge of CSS3, HTML5 and emerging technologies.
• At least 2 years experience
• jQuery/Less frameworks
• Java (Servlet/JSP)
• Understanding of gambling / gaming systems.
• Experience with JSF, Struts or other web framework is considered to be a plus if the above are met
• Understanding of the full development cycle and some experience of Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP)
• Experience with content management systems
• An eye for visual precision and attention to detail
• Understanding of and experience with application architectures (client/server, web, database)
• Experience with JS front-end frameworks like Angular or React
Flexible working is our way of working! We're a diverse workforce and therefore a 'one size fits all' approach isn't necessarily best. Whatever your personal needs may be, let's have a chat and see how we can accommodate them.