Job title: Hawk Avionic Nav/Comms Sys Tech
Location: Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
Start date: ASAP
Our Client provides some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
Our client is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government to Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. They provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance training, this role is responsible for the training and mentoring activities in respect to the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) employees and is for inspecting, operating, maintaining and repairing electronic Navigation and Communications Systems, and components on the Hawk aircraft and support equipment; thus ensuring delivery of serviceable aircraft to accomplish the contractual operational and flying commitments.
The position holder will be accountable for ensuring the following:
* Client’s maintenance support is delivered effectively to meet RSAF requirements and mitigate any activities likely to prejudice maintenance or safety, whilst remaining within the constraints the RSAF may apply to the Hawk Fleet
* Provide support to the Training Aircraft Generation Flight to ensure delivery of serviceable aircraft to accomplish the contractual operational and flying commitments
* Provide servicing support to the Periodic Inspection branch to ensure aircraft meet their scheduled servicing programme
* Expedite efficient repair of unserviceable aircraft assets, the prompt process of repairable components into the repair channel, and correct supply discipline
* Ensure the procedural compliance governing Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) calibration cycles, Support Equipment maintenance cycles, and the Tool Control system
* Comply with processes that ensure all maintenance is carried out using the correct Technical Data; Instruction Manuals are verified upon the receipt of changes or revisions; and Locally Developed Publications (LDP) are devised and reviewed to maintain maintenance capability.
* Be a graduate of a service or civilian technical training institute, or the Saudi National Technician Training Programme (SNTTP); or have completed a recognised apprenticeship
* Have current knowledge and experience associated with aircraft maintenance, quality assurance, logistical support, and repairable asset management
* Able to demonstrate problem solving abilities; and set and manage work direction in an ever-changing environment, which must be done in a safe and effective manner to ensure procedural compliance without compromise to the aircraft airworthiness
* Computer literacy is essential, with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
* Have Hawk Avionic Navigation and Communications System experience
* A current driving licence