Job title: Hawk Jet Engine / Fuel Technician
Location: Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
Start date: ASAP
Our Client provides some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Their wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Our Client serves the needs of our customers by delivering a wide range of advanced defence, aerospace and security solutions that provide a technological and performance edge. They work together with local partners to engineer, manufacture, and develop the innovations that sustain economies, increase defence sovereignty and safeguard commercial interests.
Our client is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. They provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance training, this role is responsible for the training and mentoring activities in respect to the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) employees and is responsible for actively supporting the recovery of aircraft and associated components within the Hawk Jet Engine / Fuel Shop, to also meet the operational training requirements and display team flying of the RSAF at King Faisal Air Base (KFAB).
The position holder will be accountable for ensuring the following:
* The efficient day to day support in the running of the Hawk Jet Engine / Fuel Shop
* Maintaining good engineering practice and compliance with client’s Technical Orders in all aspects of the Hawk Jet Engine / Fuel Shop and prepare items for calibration within work area
* Carry out TCTO’s and Special inspections when directed
* Have a thorough knowledge of Aircraft Safety devices and Aircraft operating areas
* Ensure compliance with tool control and the client’s program
* Support deployments to other bases within and out of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) when required and be able to prepare equipment to support these deployments
* Be able to provide functional guidance to the Saudi National Technician Training Programme (SNTTP) programs in respect of any engineering issues that may arise
* Act as MIIP on any aircraft or ground support technical related issues
* Monitor all supply issues affecting the Hawk Jet Engine / Fuel Shop
* Providing up to date briefings and information to all concerned parties on daily progress and any issues affecting the Hawk Jet Engine / Fuel Shop.
* Will be able to demonstrate experience in aircraft maintenance and engineering in a relevant role
* Must be trained in aircraft engineering or a related technical discipline at a civilian or military school of technical training, or have completed an appropriate engineering apprenticeship
* Must be a quality minded, mature, individual that adopts a positive and proactive approach to aircraft maintenance and support issues
* Must have and be able to demonstrate sound oral and written two-way communication skills with the ability to be tactful, discreet and confident in dealing with people at all levels
* Be able to work in close harmony in a mixed EE/SN workforce
* Must be able to work on own initiative to resolve complex technical issues
* Must be computer literate with a sound understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
* Must hold a current driving licence
* Have a sound understanding of the RSAF 4-1-7166 series and supporting technical publications applicable to the work area (desirable)