Senior Metallurgist (Gold Mining experience)
Permanent position available for a Senior Metallurgist in Mpumalanga.
The Senior Metallurgist reports directly to the Operations Manager and works closely with the Group Metallurgist. This position is responsible for all the technical / metallurgical aspects of the operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in metallurgical or chemical engineering;
• Minimum ten (10) years of metallurgical experience in gold processing
• Strong computer skills (i.e. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Lead, direct, and support all aspects of laboratory test work
• Develop and manage metallurgical operations and work practices that maximize operational efficiencies;
• Improve plant operating performance; reduce waste and delays; promote cost reductions; and achieve a high level of operating efficiency;
• Evaluate current and potential processing improvement methods;
• Monitor and analyze key metallurgical performance indicators of process operations and recommend corrective actions to the operations team;
• Manage metallurgical engineering activities working with the operations team and external consultants;
• Create and distribute monthly metallurgical and engineering reports;
• Maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices;
• Ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables;
• Proven team player skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a detailed MS Word CV to [...]
- ZAR 500 / Hour
- ZAR 13,000 / Month