Relocate.me is a one-stop platform to explore countries and find tech jobs abroad with guaranteed relocation packages.
This Full Stack Senior Software Engineer job is based in Cape Town, South Africa. Relocation perks include visa sponsorship, adaptation tips, temporary housing & flight ticket.
Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help to drive our economy forward.
We are a team of Software Engineers and Product professionals who have effective relationships with many satisfied customers. We are committed to understanding the FinTech sector and improving payment processes for SMB’s.
We are wanting a collaborative and skilled Senior Software Engineer who is who is able to elevate our outputs and contribute to our mission, who is passionate about customers, delivering high quality products, building robust solutions and can be both a technical champion and a mentor to a medium-sized team of like-minded individuals.
We’re a diverse and zealous team, committed to constructing some of the world's leading finance technology products, while providing an unparalleled experience to our customers. If you're passionate about adding new value to a robust team and diverse group of customers, have a love for all things tech and wanting to learn and be challenged, we are the company to join.
- Writing code for our mobile and web applications using React, NodeJS, React Native and Redux (with some gentle sprinkles of Objective C and Java as required)
- Building APIs and services on our back-end using Scala and PostgreSQL
- You will help decide and plan which features we will build, and how they are architected and implemented
- Build features and products that are easy to use and help our customers grow their businesses
- Able to mentor and share knowledge with junior Software Engineers
- You will work closely with your team, which includes other Software Engineers, Product Management(s), our design and UX minds as well as membersofm the broader Yoco Team
Who you are:
- You are happy writing both back end code and doing some front-end work on Web and Mobile applications
- You can take a feature or product all the way from conception to release
- You are willing to work with and guide junior developers to help you deliver solutions
- You enjoy using and are not afraid to learn new and exciting technologies
- You are excellent at solving complicated problems, understanding real world issues and delivering high quality software
- You can deliver stable yet flexible software that allows us to iterate quickly to deliver features
- You build re-usable solutions that others can use to avoid re-inventing the wheel every time
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 6+ years as a professional software engineer
- Experience with both back-end and front-end development
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is highly encouraged
- SQL database experience
Will be a plus
- Experience with Scala or another functional language
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Mobile development experience
- Experience leading teams, designing and architecting products, working with customers all a plus
What we offer
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
- A competitive package for an early stage venture
- Medical aid contribution
- Retirement Annuity contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Work-from-home days when needed
- Secured parking
Expectations of Yoco Employees
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
- ZAR 500 / Hour
- ZAR 13,000 / Month