Relocate.me is a one-stop platform to explore countries and find tech jobs abroad with guaranteed relocation packages.
This Senior Product UI Designer job is based in Cape Town, South Africa. Relocation perks include visa sponsorship, adaptation tips, temporary housing & flight ticket.
Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help to drive our economy forward.
Yoco is looking for an experienced Designer, to partner with our Technology and Product teams on key projects, who has a passion for mobile application design.
We are wanting someone who is passionate about developing product design strategies based on the insights of real people, and is specialised in turning these insights into highly functional, attractive products (surface-orientated, both interactions and visuals) and inspires the rest of the business by prototyping possibilities.
You'll be part of building the tools that thousands of people use to run their businesses and serve their customers every day.
- Together with the rest of the Product team, own and pioneer the design experience across Yoco's products
- Create delightful, elegant and effective solutions to complex problems
- Be informed by user research, insights and interactions
- Brainstorm, iterate and test concepts and prototypes with real users
- Help evolve and maintain a design system, challenging it when needed
- Collaborate closely and successfully negotiate with Software Engineers to get your designs built into iOS, Android, and Web applications
- Take full responsibility for your work, owning it from concept to launch
- Keep yourself and the rest of the Studiyo team up to date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies in product design and your wider field
- Help us scale our product design capabilities in terms of teams, tools and structures
- Offering product design direction, feedback and support during design critiques
- 4+ years of commercial Product Design experience across Android, iOS and web
- At least 5 - 8 years’ work experience within design, software development, or related field
- Proficient in Sketch, InVision, and Photoshop/Illustrator
- Strong ‘mobile-first’ thinking, able to design for the unique challenges of various mobile devices
- Strong ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters, product managers and UX designers
- Experience partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features
- Experience facilitating mini-design sprints or design workshops and mentoring other designers
- Able to mentor and partner with other designers
- Values the craft of product design, showing empathy for customers
- Driven to ship your designs: understand that the ultimate value of design is only seen once shipped to a customer
- Values the principle of “Strong Opinions, Weakly Held”
Will be a plus
- Current or previous experience with design systems
- Current or previous experience in Financial Services
What we offer
As part of the Yoco team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of the mobile Point of Sale opportunity in South Africa.
To support this we have built a role-based organisation; where every individual is given the space to focus and develop his or her innate strengths. Everyone here has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels.
Expectations of Yoco Employees
Dealing with People
- Communicating & influencing: Strong communication skills across various mediums, building collaborative relationships internally and externally
Dealing with Business
- Preventing & solving problems: Diagnostic information gathering and research, analytical thinking, application of conceptual thinking to problem-solving
- Achieving results: Proactive/initiative, customer orientated, fostering innovation, continuous improvement mindset, appreciation of results, business acumen, thoroughness and detail orientated
Dealing with Self-management
- Self-confidence, personal credibility, flexibility, adaptability and strong sense of personal accountability
- ZAR 500 / Hour
- ZAR 13,000 / Month