Service Now Development Engineer
The Service Now Development and Integration Engineer is responsible for the development, installation, configuration and ongoing support of internally developed software and 3rd Party applications and their integrations. A zero-outage platform will be maintained.
The candidate will work within a global team, liaising between account teams and application owners to ensure that requirements are met, and continuity of service is maintained during changes and incidents.
The candidate will be accountable to Operational and Engineering Delivery Management and will be responsible for assigned applications in terms of implementation, incident management, problem management and change management.
The candidate may be the suject matter expert for an application area, whilst maintaining knowledge of secondary application areas to maintain continuity of service.
Out of hours on-call support is an important element of this role.
Need to be able to obtain security clearance.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master's degree in related field. Often holds entry-level certification(s) in work field. May hold intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 5+ years of relevant experience
- Monitoring, planning and implementation of application capacity
- Backup for other team members in case of non-availability
- Ensure all services are billed properly at the end of month close
- Ensure that incidents are resolve and logged within defined SLA parameters
- Perform on-call duties within a defined rotation
- Overall technical ownership for designated applications
- Security, Change and Problem Management responsibilities
- Coordination with application owners and change managers
- Implementation of changes within defined parameters
- Available as an escalation point to assist team members
- Identification of technical resource to support escalations
- Fluent English
- Ability to work in a global team
- Understanding of the business environment, processes and organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a Matrix environment
- Ability to follow project plans and work with project managers and application owners
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Inquisitiveness and a thirst to learn
- Ability to think through and resolve complex issues
- Knowledge of Change and Incident Management processes
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of basic programming techniques, DevOps, and MicroServices
- Knowledge of coding standards
- Practical experience of some or all of the following:
- ASP.NET, SQL Server, LINQ, TFS, Hadoop, Spark, VBA, Bash, Less, D3, HighCharts, NodeJS,
- JSON, XML, Kony
- Experience of GitHub and SVN repository, RedMine
- Practical experience of:
- Service NOW
- Event Management Applications ie NNMi, Micro Focus Operations Manager (OM), NetCool or
- Integration using APIs - concept of API Gateway
- ITIL Foundation
- Alternative ticketing systems and automation ie Micro Focus Service Manager, Remedy etc.
- Knowledge of networking technologies
- Experience of advanced programming languages such as Java
- Experience of Integration Platforms and tools, including those for Enterprise Service Busses