German Speaking Network Infrastructure Engineer - Basel - 8 months (possible extension)
My client is a global pharmaceuticals company who are currently looking for a German Speaking Network Infrastructure Engineer to be based onsite in Basel on an initial 8 month contract. The client would preferably like someone to start at the end of the month but can be flexible with the start date up until mid-May. Interviews for this role are set to start on the 18th of April.
Your responsibilities on this project will be to:
- Ensure that operational work, project related activities and on-call services are performed according to defined KPIs.
- Provide infrastructure and application management.
- Support and ensure operational stability and effectiveness of several Applications and Infrastructure platform
- Contribute to the core business and informatics processes and solutions by applying specific knowledge of systems and tools, as well as problem solving skills, to support these processes and solutions
- Collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Resolve or escalate problems for resolution when appropriate
- Maintain and develop process and technical knowledge
The right candidate will have the necessary experience:
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, as well as in a regulated environment with Computer System (laboratory or manufacturing experience as 2nd level support)
- Experience with business processes in the manufacturing or laboratory environment
- Validation experience with working in a project environment and in Informatics Service Support and Service Delivery
- Previous experience in system installation and maintenance of operating systems, hardware and peripheral devices eg bar code scanner, printer etc.
- Technical experience in manufacturing and laboratory systems (very important)
- Strong technical skills in different operating systems and platforms
- Experience in Network Infrastructure
- Tools: Windows 2003/2008/2012; VMware; Citrix; Windows 7; Windows 10
- CSV experience (ideally 2-3 years of experience)
- Service oriented attitude, being able to communicate with our customers, also in emergency situations
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in German and English (German is a must have, therefore CVs in German are accepted)
- High social skills, team player