Software Engineer - Cheminformatics - Java - Python - Rest - Pharma - Basel- Switzerland
NextLink is having an existing position as a Software Engineer for global projects in Basel, Switzerland.
- Start date: 04.03.2019
- Latest start: 18.03.2019
- End date: 31.12.2019
- Extension: An extension is not planned yet, but is possible (approval needed).
- Work location: Basel, CH
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Can be discussed during the interviews.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Design and development of innovative, modern and user-friendly scientific software solutions in close collaboration with research scientists
- Evaluation and technical assessment of 3rd party Chemistry software solutions based on given requirements.
- Integration of system components (cloud based and on-premise) and workflows by utilizing existing API's or defining new interfaces where necessary.
- Master in Computer Science or Informatics
- Foundational knowledge of Chemistry and Cheminformatics concepts
- min. 7 years of experience as Engineer (excellent software engineering skills)
- min. 5 years of experience in designing complex and highly integrated software solutions
- Good full stack" software development skills (Java, Python, REST, Oracle, MongoDB)
- Good experience in systems integration, interface & API design and security
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Big Data (eg Apache Spark, Hadoop) and No-SQL (eg MongoDB) database concepts
- Hands-on experience with Chemistry platforms and tools from at least one of the following vendors: Biovia, Chemaxon, Dotmatics and/or Perkin Elmer
- Strong analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style
- Excellent communication skills in English
Nice to Haves:
+++ Experience to work in agile environments desirable
++ Pharma experience
For a chance to work in Switzerland as a Software Engineer please call me or send me your CV as soon as possible!
IT sourcing specialist
Phone: (see below)