Seeking a Christian Teacher who Leads each class with thorough planning and execution of material to fulfill the school’s learning expectations for all students, while helping each individual student learn, develop and grow. This role will be based in a school at Ras Al Kaimah in the UAE.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan and prepare courses and lessons that meet ISC standards.
2. Take into account the differing ability of students and differentiate work accordingly.
3. Instruct in principles and concepts appropriate for the course.
4. Manage classroom to ensure an environment that is safe and conducive to learning.
5. Assess, record and report on the development and progress of students
6. Provide adequate information, plans, and materials for substitute teacher if absent.
7. Maintain current and accurate student records, including grades and attendance.
8. Engage in collaborative planning with Department Head and other teachers to develop best practices in methods of teaching and assessment.
9. Maintain proper classroom discipline and referring major problems to the principal.
10. Develop a positive, nurturing class environment.
11. Implement instructional technology, audio-visual materials, class projects, and other methods that enhance learning.
12. Assign homework that supports learning and is within expectations and goals.
13. Hold help classes after school as needed.
14. Supervise assemblies, extracurricular activities, organizations, outings as assigned.
15. Take part in professional development programs and other training opportunities.
16. Keep classroom and other work areas tidy and clean.
17. Carry out any other specific duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field with teaching certificate when required
2. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with foreign and national students with sensitivity to unique and multicultural perspectives and thoughts.
3. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, execute, and evaluate in the classroom setting.
4. Strong ability to connect with students and inspire them.
The client is a nonprofit organization that, since 1986, has offered excellent academic programs to meet the intellectual, physical, and emotional needs of students. The client has six schools in China, one school in the UAE, and helps to support various other educational initiatives globally.
The client is a multi-school program, enabling students and teachers to participate in system-wide programs where they can interact with others outside of their immediate school. Students compete in basketball, volleyball and soccer tournaments, as well as music and choral festivals, and Model United Nations (MUN) conventions.
* Airfare and monthly salary
* Furnished housing
* Global health insurance
* Language classes
* Professional development and graduate benefit program
* Free education for children at our affiliated and credentialed international schools
- AED 25,980 - AED 31,120 / Year