Posted in: Other in United Kingdom | Posted: |
We have an opportunity available for an Automation Test Engineer to join us based at either our HQ in Southampton or in a home working role. This is a full time permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,700 - £39,900 per annum plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life and we're looking for people to join our journey.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Automation Test Engineer:
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
Training and development
- A wide range of additional benefits including free parking, paid volunteer day, support with health and wellbeing, sports and social activities, staff discount on over 500 national stores and more
About the Automation Test Engineer role:
This is an opportunity to join our Test Community, to help improve the test capability in all aspects of the engineering lifecycle through. You'll work within an agile team, responsible for designing, writing and executing automated and manual test suites; to ensure adequate and effective test coverage and provide test assurance of the user stories in a test-first environment using cloud architecture. You will provide assurance at team retrospectives and planning sessions to ensure test best practice, continual improvements and appropriate standards are adhered to.
We recognise that Ordnance Surveys ambition to continue attracting and retaining the most talented individuals means providing flexibility where possible. We embrace flexible working and as such, this role provides a split between our Southampton HQ and home working. Ideally, we seek a candidate open to 3 days onsite and 2 days at home.
What matters is that you have the right skills and capabilities and understand what we're trying to achieve at OS. We'll ensure you have the tools, materials and equipment to be the best you can be, whilst being well connected to the rest of your team to drive collaboration. You'll need to be a disciplined self-motivator with high levels of resilience.
What we are looking for in our ideal Automation Test Engineer:
- Software testing & industry best practice
- Technical skills in test automation frameworks and languages
- Allocating and prioritising own work and working across multiple delivery teams
- Analytical skills, designing and implementing tests around TDD/BDD feature files for functional and non-functional test activities
- Ability to define and lead on the appropriate end to end test approach
- Agile methodologies and working closely with engineers, advising on process improvement
- Testing on a cloud platform
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Awareness of geospatial systems and technologies
If you're interested in joining a team that lies at the heart of what OS is about, please click 'apply' today to be considered as our Automation Test Engineer...... click apply for full job details