Since 1955, Bell has provided outstanding education to students from around the world, transforming the lives of over one million people. Through our teaching approach developed with an Emeritus Professor at the University of Cambridge, The Bell Way encourages students to aim high, exceed their learning goals and become confident users of the English Language.
We provide seasonal courses for 11-17-year olds as well as our summer junior programme for those aged 7-10.
Our schools are based in prestigious locations around the UK:
· Bell St Albans, Hertfordshire
· The Leys, Cambridge
· Wellington College, Berkshire
All our schools are set in elegant surroundings and are housed in some of the UKs most prestigious boarding schools.
Free accommodation, meals and professional development is available for all staff.
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and responsible EFL teachers for our Young Learner Courses running at our three UK independent schools. EFL Teachers will plan and develop exciting and inspiring lessons for their students' level and will also participate in the cultural and social programme through excursions, activities, airport and pastoral duties.
With General, Business and Academic English plus our Business Leaders and Scholars courses on offer, we welcome applications from teachers with a range of skills, interests and experience.
Contracts are available for Spring and throughout Summer 2020.
* CELTA/ Trinity TESOL Certificate or equivalent*
* Degree qualified or extensive work experience in similar roles
* Fluency in English
* Adaptability, flexibility and excellent team working skills
* Willingness to learn and develop new skills
* Excellent communication and planning skills
* Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK
*Courses must be externally validated, contain at least six hours teaching practice and a minimum of 100 hours of ELT/TESOL input. Applicants who have completed 100% online courses will not be considered.
* Previous EFL teaching experience, although we also welcome applications from newly qualified teachers
* Experience of working with young learners and/or teenagers
* Previous summer school/ residential experience
Experience teaching multicultural/multilingual groups
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
* A DBS/Police Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
* We do not accept DBS Checks undertaken by other organisations (unless you are on the update service) and so a new application will be requested at a cost of £44, this will be deducted from your first salary payment
* All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
* Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
* All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
* Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment
Remuneration and Benefits:
* Salary £400 per week plus £48.28 per week statutory annual leave payment
* Free accommodation and meals
* Paid induction period upon arrival
* Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
* Staff laptop with free access to Wi-Fi
* Opportunities for promotion and further seasonal employment