Since 1955, Bell has provided outstanding education to students from around the world, transforming the lives of over one million people. Through our teaching approach developed with an Emeritus Professor at the University of Cambridge, The Bell Way encourages students to aim high, exceed their learning goals and become confident users of the English Language.
We provide seasonal courses for 11-17-year olds as well as our summer junior programme for those aged 7-10.
Our schools are based in prestigious locations around the UK:
· Bell St Albans, Hertfordshire
· The Leys, Cambridge
· Wellington College, Berkshire
All our schools are set in elegant surroundings and are housed in some of the UKs most prestigious boarding schools.
Free accommodation, meals and professional development is available for all staff.
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and responsible Houseparents for our Young Learner Course running at our three UK independent schools. Houseparents are responsible for the pastoral care of students. Duties will involve student supervision, leading daily meetings, house checks, managing pocket money as well as participating in activities and excursions with the students.
Contracts are available for Spring and throughout Summer 2020.
- Excellent communication skills
- Counselling skills
- Previous experience working with children/teenagers
- Good team player
- Proficiency in time management
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Previous residential experience
- Experience working in a pastoral setting
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
* A DBS/Police Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
* We do not accept DBS Checks undertaken by other organisations (unless you are on the update service) and so a new application will be requested at a cost of £44, this will be deducted from your first salary payment
* All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
* Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
* All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
* Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment
Remuneration and Benefits:
* Salary £363 per week plus £43.81 per week statutory annual leave payment
* Free accommodation and meals
* Paid induction period upon arrival
* Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
* Staff laptop with free access to Wi-Fi
* Opportunities for promotion and further seasonal employment