SQL Server DBA
£45,000-£55,000 (DOE) + Benefits
SQL Server DBA / Database Administrator needed for a superb permanent career opportunity based near Derby. A chance to join an established and growing IT services business.
Start ideally in Jan/Feb 2020. Key experience and responsibilities will include:
- Database administration, troubleshooting, maintenance and BAU support for customer MS SQL Server databases (SQL Server 7 to SQL 2014/2016).
- Engaging directly with customers to investigate, diagnose and resolve SQL database issues.
- Primary SQL DBA expertise to include: Clusters (Failover/AlwaysOn), Database Mirroring, Replication, Performance Tuning, Backup, Log Shipping, Maintenance Planning and Windows / Linux OS.
- Involvement in project work, including scoping customer requirements and creating technical documentation for SQL Server database solutions.
- Participating in the on-call shift rota, which provides 24x7 cover for customers and end-users. Assisting in the smooth-running of the SQL Database Support Desk.
- Working to agreed customer SLAs and Best Practice frameworks.
- Excellent communication and customer-facing skills.
- SQL Server certification would be an advantage (MCDBA, MCSE, MCSA etc)