Purchasing / Production Assistant
Slinfold, Horsham, RH13
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Monday – Friday
A well-established, family-owned business is the UK’s leading distributor and assembler of electrical connectors across all military, industrial and commercial sectors.
They are seeking a motivated and adaptable person to assist with Purchasing, Stock Control, Stores and Order Processing.
The role represents an exciting opportunity to work alongside the Operations Manager across many aspects of the business and would be ideal for someone who has a little bit of experience and/or starting out in their career.
A day in the life of a Purchasing / Production Assistant…
You will be working as part of a small friendly team and assisting internal Managers with the day-to-day running of all internal business processes that are associated with Purchasing, Stock Control, Sales, Sales Order Processing, Assembly, Stores and Despatch.
Your main duties will include:
* Liaising with external suppliers or internal Production.
* Assisting with raising Purchase Orders / Works Orders as required for stock or direct sale, as dictated by the ERP system.
* Additional responsibilities will include tasks associated with general IT, software, IT infrastructure, database maintenance and the Company’s websites/ecommerce function.
To be in the running, you will need…
* A general business software knowledge, particularly MS Excel
* To be commercially aware with good communication skills
* Strong administration skills and ideally with some appreciation of purchasing, stock control and the principles of ERP
* If you have experience from a medium sized distribution, manufacturing or assembly environment then even better!
* Access to your own transport is VIP, as there is limited public transport to their location
What’s in it for you…
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with administrative experience and an appreciation of purchasing, stock control and the principles of ERP software who wants their next step on the career ladder with a company who has an excellent reputation and a very low staff turnover.
As well as a competitive salary, they operate a company bonus scheme and long-term service awards. You will be entitled to 28 days holiday (inc Bank Holidays) with a rise to 33 days with service, pension scheme and access to their private medical scheme.
38 ¼ hours per week – 8.30 am to 5.15 pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 3.30 pm on Fridays with 45 minutes for lunch each day.
How to get the job…
If you have transport, live within 10-15 miles of Horsham and looking for a career with a fantastic company, then this Purchasing Assistant job could be yours!
Just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to complete your application