Make a difference to the wellbeing and safety of Looked After Children and Young People
For a leading, highly ethical, non-profit Independent Fostering Agency that supports Looked After Children and Young People, we are recruiting an Assistant Director for the Yorkshire & East Midlands regions - flexible base Sheffield or North East.
The main responsibilities include:
* As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will work closely with the CEO to provide strategic and operational leadership for the region of this independent fostering agency.
* Managing a team of five and responsible for the day to day operational management and delivery of a high quality, child centred fostering service to local authorities, you will develop strategies and processes for the recruitment and retention of high standard staff and foster carers.
* You will ensure the financial viability of your region in line with agreed annual targets, whilst contributing to fostering contract negotiations with local authorities to ensure the best possible outcome for children and young people.
* You will act as Registered Manager for the region to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory activities, to ensure the welfare and safeguard of fostered children at all times.
The profile required:
* With a professional qualification in social work and ideally additional management qualification, you are registered with Social Work England.
* Having experienced hands-on fostering social work and subsequent team leadership, you have gained substantial experience providing high quality services to Looked After Children as a senior or team manager, potentially in another Independent Fostering Agency (IFA).
* You have a very good understanding of child development and the effect of early life trauma on attachment and development for Looked After Children.
* You have significant experience developing relationships with local authorities, regulatory bodies and commissioning groups, giving you a deep understanding of the market an IFA operates in and the current legislations.
* Whilst remaining hands-on as needed in the day-to-day operations with various stakeholders and children, you are comfortable managing budgets and strategies in a business.
If you are an experienced team manager with a genuine interest in improving the welfare and safeguard of Looked After Children, please send your CV and cover letter to our retained consultants at Cooper Edwards