This vital role, working in small team, is responsible for catering and cleaning for our clients and their guests. You will greet our guests, prepare and serve wholesome meals as well as undertaking cleaning and laundry duties. You must be customer focussed, with great attention to detail and the ability to listen and empathise and make our partners, applicants and guests feel at ease.
- Welcoming guests, providing refreshments as required.
- Preparing and assisting with meals.
- Laundry and general cleaning of the accommodation block, offices and general areas.
- Checking menus and stocks of food and cleaning supplies, undertaking shopping as needed.
- Great communication skills and a talent for making people feel at ease.
- Ability to undertake some heavy / strenuous duties (e.g. cleaning the chalets).
- Ability to prepare and cook both hot and cold wholesome meals.
Ideally, you will have a basic food hygiene certificate, understanding of nutrition and special dietary needs and some knowledge of human physical disabilities. Along with great attention to detail, you will be flexible and adaptable, personable, approachable and highly committed. Most importantly, you will be passionate about the transformative impact that our assistance dogs provide to our beneficiaries.
The hours of work for this post are to provide cover during our onsite training courses, for approximately 30 weeks per year. During the onsite training courses, you would work 3 shifts per week, normally 7.15am – 10.45am and may include weekdays and weekends.
Please apply online with a CV together with any supporting documentation that demonstrates your suitability for the role.
We are a disability confident committed employer and welcome diversity, promote equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
About Canine Partners:
Canine Partners is an assistance dog charity which transforms the lives of disabled people through partnership with our specially trained assistance dogs.
Location: Osgathorpe, Leicestershire
Job type: Part Time, Permanent, approximately 30 weeks per year. During the onsite training courses, you would work 3 shifts per week, normally 7.15am – 10.45am and may include weekdays and weekends.
Salary: £9.06 - £10.06 per hour depending on experience
Benefits: Pension Scheme, Annual Leave, wide range of discounts at high street shops
Closing date for applications: 16 February 2020
1st Interview: 27 February 2020
2nd Interview: 5 March 2020
You may have experience of the following: Housekeeping Assistant, Housekeeper, Housekeeping, Cleaner, Cleaning Assistant, Cleaning Operative, Hospitality Assistant etc
- GBP 400 - GBP 500 / Day/Night
- GBP 22,000 - GBP 24,000 / Year