Posted in: Other in Northampton | Posted: |
TPS Warehouse Operative
Who are TPS?
TPS provides independent garages and bodyshops with the high-quality Genuine Parts and products which customers need to ensure they can service and repair Volkswagen Group vehicles. TPS is part of the Volkswagen Group along with Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen passenger cars and Commercial Vehicles. TPS is a national network of TPS Centres with a 1,500-strong national workforce and a management team that prides itself on creating an environment that offers our people a motivating and inclusive workplace where they are recognised and rewarded and are encouraged to go on a journey of Learning and Development.
Nationally launched as a new brand concept in 2006, TPS is based on an Agency Model; this means that Centres stock and sell on behalf of Volkswagen Group UK. TPS has continued to experience rapid growth both financially and in the number of Centres opened nationwide.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the TPS Warehouse Operative is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective control of inbound and outbound warehouse parts stock whilst supporting the provision of an excellent service to customers
* Perform quality checks on stock deliveries
* Identify and place inbound parts into the correct locations (stock items, customer orders etc.)
* Pick customer orders quickly and accurately to make ready for dispatch
* Adhere to First In, First Out (FIFO)stock control management processes
* Maintain stock securely and in good condition
* Assist the Warehouse Manager with regular perpetual stock checks
* Ensure faster moving parts are located in a convenient location to improve picking efficiency
* Provide the highest levels of customer service by picking parts accurately and assembling for the customer delivery runs
* Where applicable, ensure that trade customers that visit the TPS Centre are dealt with efficiently and quickly
* Adhere to health and safety regulations at all times (particularly manual handling practices)
* Follow and comply with established business processes and guidelines (including warranty)
* Deal with exchange units appropriately and process returns swiftly completing all required documentation accurately and promptly
* Utilise and update all systems effectively to carry out allotted tasks
What are we looking for?
* Experience in a parts or distribution operation involving inventory control, goods inwards and order picking
* Passionate about the automotive industry
* Proven experience of providing great customer service
* Demonstrate a positive 'can-do' attitude and an honest disposition
* Able to lift and carry heavy items
* Computer literate - able to use appropriate systems and software (e.g. Excel)
* Ability to work in a small team, as well using own initiative
* Ability to record information accurately and legibly
* A methodical approach and with great attention to detail
* Good communication skills - verbal and written
What we can offer you:
At TPS we want to take you on a journey and give you a genuine platform to excel and achieve your career objectives. We are committed to attracting and developing our people and take great pride in the Learning and Development pathways Volkswagen Group have put in place to ensure personal growth and career success. We retain our people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business.
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK without Sponsorship. Verification of your Right to Work in the UK should be included with your application.
MSXI working on behalf of TPS part of the Volkswagen Group