Our client is a market leader in the field of AI and sound recognition is seeking exceptional Graduates or Experience Software Engineer to be based in their Cambridge office.
As part of the team you will be a key contributor to building their core program which holds, catalogues and processes audio data, and enables machine learning to be performed on that data. This is a young project that offers the chance to work with a varied collection of technologies from Java to Python, PostgreSQL to Elasticsearch and deployment to AWS. Their core program is evolving rapidly and is a hugely important part of our machine learning process.
As a key member of the team, you will use your experience of engineering dependable and effective software systems for scale to create and develop the services, client applications and tools that constitute to core machine learning program. You will also work closely with their data engineers, machine learning engineers and researchers to advise and guide them to ensure their work fits together coherently with the program.
Skills and experience
* Python development
* SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
* Familiarity with the Unix/Linux command-line
* Exposure to Apache Spark
* Exposure to AWS, Java, NoSQL, Machine Learning
* Exposure to Agile and Test-Driven Development
For this role you’ll also need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
* Ability to mentor team on best practice for software development
* Cooperative: able to clearly explain your ideas and listen to the ideas of others
* Focused: staying on-track until current commitment is complete
* Ingenious: creating innovative designs, systems and processes
* Considered: examining a range of options with an understanding of the wider impact
* Constantly learn about developments in the fields of data analytics, machine learning, statistics and technology.
* PhD, Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent education
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza.
Exceptional Graduate or Experience Software Engineer – Cambridge