Posted in: Social Services/Mental Health in Manchester | Posted: |
Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit enthusiastic and passionate Senior Residential Support Worker to work within a challenging young people's service in Manchester. You will be working with young adults whom have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder ASD, Learning Disabilities and are non-verbal. The children and young people demonstrate a wide range of challenging behaviours and can be very demanding of time, attention and emotions.
* Provide caring and supportive behavioural management services to children and young people accommodated in the various Children’s Homes.
* Advocate pro-actively for each young person’s needs, rights and views and ensure that these are met.
* Ensure that each young person’s individuality, difference and diversity are always appreciated and that the young people are provided with equal opportunities and are not discriminated against.
* Contribute to the day-to-day functioning of the Children’s Home in order to meet the individual and collective needs of the children and young people.
* Develop and maintain good joint working partnerships with young people.
* Encourage each young person to be involved in all aspects of their care. This will involve skill development, problem solving and assessment of risk, while being mindful of their individual capabilities.
* Implement and maintain clear and consistent boundaries necessary for the creation of a safe and secure environment necessary for each young person to flourish.
* Ensure that the services offered to young people within the home are effectively provided and reflect the decisions in care plans, which are consistent with Department of Health, Home Office and the Company’s policies and procedures. This should be supported by accurate and up-to-date record keeping.
* Participate in the domestic and personal care tasks of the home in a way which promotes the wellbeing and development of the young people.
* Work proactively to furnish children and young people with emotional, social and practical skills within a behavioural management context in order to prepare them for the world of education and work.
* Maintain effective communication systems, including handovers and log books.
* Attend and contribute to staff meetings, staff development sessions and child care reviews and other meetings, where appropriate.
* Actively take part in the implementation, promotion and development of all relevant company policies and procedures.
* Implement action plans to ensure the company’s positive action targets are met and anti-discriminatory practices are adhered to and developed.
* Creatively engage and encourage young people to take part in a range of activities including play, leisure, learning and social development to enable them to gain confidence in their ability to develop their skills.
* Keep accurate and appropriate records in relation to all aspects of the home’s organisation.
* Liaise and co-operate with teaching staff to ensure that each young person receives an education in accordance with his or her ability.
* QCF Level 3 Caring for Children & Young People or equivalent.
* MUST have experience working with children and young people within care or with looked after children.
* Experience of working with young people with Autism, Learning Disabilities or non-verbal.
* Strong values and a passion for looking after young people and supporting them in their future so they reach their full potential and achieve their life goals, being of good character and integrity.
* Driving Licence and access to own vehicle.
* Knowledge of the Children's Home Regulations and all paperwork relating to these regulations.
* Ability to communicate with young people who are non-verbal – Makaton, Sign Language, play or pictures etc.
The salary for this exciting new role is £19,347-£22, 186 depending on experience. Plus and addidtional £3,000-£6,000 sleep in allowance, based on 4-8 sleep-ins per month.
Additional benefits include:
* NEST Pension
* Full Induction and Training Programme
* 28 Days Annual Leave
* Happy app - discount to retailers
Please call Leanne Irving or apply online for more information about this exciting new role
- 17,238 - 19,773 GBP/Year
- 48,000 GBP/Year
- 18,000 - 22,000 GBP/Year
- 18,000 - 22,000 GBP/Year
- 19 GBP/Hour
- 11 GBP/Hour
- 40,000 GBP/Year
- 45,804 - 52,184 GBP/Year
- 10 GBP/Hour