MPI have a requirement for a Skilled Electroplater to be based in Almondbank, Perthshire.
This is a contract for approx 3 months.
Rate of pay £ £15.59 per hour PAYE
The Electroplating Technician is responsible through the Plating Shop & Surface Finish Manager to the Operations Manager for:
• The Chemical Processing of aircraft components and their various sub-assemblies and constituent parts to support maintenance of aircraft components allocated to various platforms/programmes supported by the business.
• The Periodic, Lot Testing and Solution analyses of all required test and test pieces as described in customer specified ASI and applicable Detailed Process Instructions (DPIs). Position Requirements We are seeking an experienced electroplating technician who has either served a recognised indentured apprenticeship or military equivalent or has significant relevant work experience and skills as a plater.
• Will effectively carry out a variety of Chemical Processing operations (including Nital Etch Inspection) IAW with their qualifications, authorisations and competences only using current authorised procedures as laid down in the relevant Approved Source documentation, applicable ABM procedures and pollution Prevention Control Authorisation;
• Will effectively carry out a variety of Periodic, Lot Testing & Solution analyses IAW with their qualifications, authorisations and competences only using current authorised procedures as laid down in the relevant Approved Source documentation.
• Contribute to team delivery of agreed targets and goals;
• Complying with Tool Control Procedures IAW relevant ABM procedure;
• Attend and contribute to Team Meetings;
• Support a climate of Continuous Improvement to assist productivity, Quality, Health Safety and Environment, and create a leaner environment;
• To achieve maximum flexibility team members will undertake training and train other team members;
DBS and BPSS is required if selected for this role