Posted in: Other in London | Posted: |
We are looking for a DevOps specialist to work within our client's technology business unit. You will be working closely with business leaders to drive innovation and business transformation, spearheading the digitalization of the company's business activities.
The DevOps Specialist will work closely with both the overall IT function and the Development team to ensure that the software passes through the SDLC environments smoothly and that the agreed OLA/SLA are met with our clients. You will also have the remit to monitor the environments making sure they remain complaint and secure and a strategic focus on making sure that our environments and deployment methods are fit for purpose both now and in the future.
The company is a leading global provider of reinsurance, primary insurance and insurance-related risk solutions. They are playing a key role in driving forward the digital transformation of the insurance industry, and in doing so have further expanded their ability to assess risks and the range of services on offer.
They value the strengths and perspectives diverse voices bring to their inclusive culture. Together they embrace a culture where multiskilled teams dare to think big. Thus, creating the new and the different for clients and cultivate innovation.
- Maintain and monitor all environments, keeping them up to date, compliant and secure
- Design, implement and document smooth and controlled deployment methods for all environments with the long term aim of fully automated deployments
- Be the teams primary liaison with the wider IT function, keeping the team up to date on new innovations or challenges.
- Act as the deployment gatekeeper within the team
- Document the solution
- Experienced in Agile methods, ideally SCRUM
- Several years of experience working with software developers, demonstrating in depth knowledge of agile development practices.
- Clear understanding of DevOps principles with VSTS, AWS, Azure and Terraform
- Experience with Linux
- Clear understanding and experience of deployment methods both manual processes and automated tools like Docker
- Clear understanding and experience of software operations with live software clients
- Database skills (relational ideally MySQL)
If you believe that you are a good fit for this role, please do not hesitate to submit your CV with a cover letter if possible. We are more than happy to answer queries and help with your journey. This role is a great opportunity for an individual in this field of work who is ready to maximise their potential.