Posted in: Other in West Midlands | Posted: |
Are you a Food and Beverage Manager with 2 years or more experience in hospitality management?
Would you like to work for a growing, dynamic highly respected Health Club?
Offfering free Club membership, plus a range of other benefits, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with the best in the business!
Team4you is proud to be recruiting for an award-winning, friendly, health and fitness club in Shrewsbury, with a wide range of family friendly, facilities plus welcoming staff, whose job it is to make members and guests feel like they really belong.
With a a real focus on providing a family friendly environment, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can help members and guests feel they are amongst friends whilst enjoying the clubs facilities.
The Club offers a large gym, swimming pool with sauna and steam room, exercise studios offering over 80 classes per week. Alongside this, there is a Spa, bistro and cafe bar and a tennis club with 6 indoor courts and 8 outdoor courts and a wide range of tennis activities for both adults and juniors. The Club is owned by Mosaic Spa and Health Club group which employs over 500 staff and operates 30 clubs across the UK.
On behalf of our client, Team4you are looking to recruit a Front of House F&B Manager to lead the bistro and cafe bar serving team. The successful candidate will share the Company's passion, be enthusiastic, work in a team and deliver on targets. You must already have team leadership experience in a restaurant or hotel setting and be able to demonstrate great leadership skills and have an outgoing, bubbly personality, thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You will need to be able to cope with the changing demands on service as usage of the Club varies. The Club offering a a wide variety of dining from simple coffee shop style service through to delivering a full 3 course meal for 100 guests as well as looking after spa guests enjoying afternoon tea as part of their experience.
You will work with the chef on food delivery and menu execution and achieving sales targets and promoting an active, well attended social calendar for members. You will be part of our Senior Management team and actively involved in the overall direction and performance of the Club.
The successful candidate will work a 7 day early/late shift pattern with 2 days off per week and will be required to act as the duty manager as part of their shifts. This position does require a first aid and lifeguarding qualification, both of which full training is provided.
We are keen to talk to candidates who can demonstrate a minimum of 2 years experience working in a leadership role within a hospitality environment
What does it look like if my role is done well?
* The budgeted contribution is achieved
* Sales targets are exceeded
* The Club has a reputation with members and guests for excellent, friendly customer service
* The environment is clean and well maintained, hygiene standards are excellent and the local authority rating is a 5
* The management and procedures for all food handling, storage are followed diligently
* The F&B team enjoy their job and have a clear training and development programme in place
What will be my main tasks?
* To work closely with and provide support to the Club Manager in the operation of that part of the business. To ensure that responsibility has been appropriately delegated to the other members of the club management team in your absence
* To undertake Duty Manager responsibilities for the Club and to deal with all operational day to day matter as they occur in a way that upholds the Club’s values
* To control all costs relating to the operation of the dining facilities within budget focusing particularly on payroll, stock, marketing, consumables and waste
* To ensure that the department is covered by a rota that does not compromise level of service or budget
* To ensure the business runs to a high operational standard, is safe and clean at all times and that the whole team consistently strive to deliver service excellence
* To produce and implement written, strategic sales and marketing plans for the dining facilities that are updated and implemented on a monthly basis and communicated to all staff in the Club
* To run a series of member social events that help promote membership value and improve retention
* To have written procedures in place and adhered to for all aspects of the business including health and safety, food hygiene and equipment maintenance
* To lead and coach all team members daily with a key focus on sales performance and service excellence
* To manage the Chefs and the Kitchen Team to ensure timely and effective delivery of food. Provide them with feedback from Front of House
* Work with the Head Chef to review menus, specials, opening times based on financial performance and customer feedback
* Deal with customer comments and complaints in a timely and appropriate manner