Senior Quality Advisor - LMJV - HS2 Enabling Works
Murphy Group is looking for an experienced Senior Quality Advisor to take the lead and manage the audit programme, to be successful in this role you will have a strong civils experiences focusing on highways and utilities.
Two of Europe's most prominent and innovative engineering and construction companies - Laing O'Rourke and Murphy - have come together to form LM, a powerful joint venture, working to deliver the northern section of HS2's phase one enabling works
* Be a champion for the "Quality - Right First Time" initiative.
* Establish and promote best practice in quality matters in conjunction with the Quality function.
* Collaborate with engineering to support and educate the engineering community on to achieve better quality.
* Mentor and develop staff to ensure that they understand the Quality management systems.
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
* Support site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Quality Plans.
* Carry out regular inspections/audits of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and other stated requirements.
* Promote the reporting of nonconformances and provide advice on closing out actions.
* Collate and review Business / Contract Quality statistics in a timely manner and submit to the Quality Management and Quality function for reporting purposes.
* Review Quality statistics to identify trends and areas for improvement.
* Develop and implement Quality campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the Quality Management.
* Prepare and review project Quality documents including those of 3rd parties.
* Provide support to Project teams in the development of Quality Plans.
* Produce Quality plans, procedures and associated documentation and check compliance.
* Identify significant Quality issues for contracts / yards and help set-up contracts / yards to include appropriate controls.
* Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Company procedures and Contract Requirements.
* Provide reports, presentations and information as directed by the Business / Quality Management.
* Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
* Support the Operational Unit / Quality Management in the delivery of the Audit Programme.
* Undertake internal and external audits as required.
* Provide input and review of pre-qualification, tender and Quality award submissions.
* Stop work when at any time Quality management of the works is in question.
* Disseminate information issued by Murphy Quality to relevant employees.
* Attend and participate in working groups / forums as required.
* 4 years experience in a Quality/Auditing role
* Relevant Quality Membership at Senior level.
* Solid understanding of the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard