Job Title: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Req ID: 19444
Job Category: Information Technology
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst writes, maintains, automates, executes and documents testing on software systems. The QA Analyst works closely with business process owners and users to ensure software systems are tested and validated where appropriate. The individual will perform duties across many areas of the Software Development Lifecycle from requirements gathering to quality assurance. System testing requires the analyst to be familiar with a variety of technologies including enterprise software products, web applications, desktop applications, mobile applications, database systems, and business intelligence tools.
* Establishes software quality standards within the development life cycle including documentation, testing, implementation and maintenance.
* Review project documentation and translate requirements into test strategies, test plans and test cases.
* Develops test plans to perform QA on various applications.
* Develops software validation plans for software within scope of regulatory requirements.
* Reviews and evaluates software products and systems to ensure adherence to STERIS-IMS quality standards.
* Performs risk assessments on software systems.
* Provides QA metrics to accurately reflect project status.
* Develops and implements automated testing solutions when appropriate.
* Contribute to continuous improvement of testing processes to enhance software quality assurance.
* Works within IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance to regulatory controls including but not limited to SOX & ISO QS 13485.
* Work closely with the IT Director, IT Managers, Project Managers, and Business Process Owners to improve the software quality.
* Aids in the IT general controls processes related to auditing, monitoring, approvals and validation
Duties - cont'd
* Execute test plans to perform various types of testing including: unit, functional, performance, and integration.
* Document test results and issues using a issue tracking system.
* Work with business users in coordinating user acceptance testing (UAT) for testing completion.
* Complete Software Validation documentation to support regulatory requirements.
* Using testing documentation tools to document test results and steps to reproduce.
* Works with software developers to support defect resolution.
* Lead Quality Assurance cycles to ensure applications satisfy end user requirements using a standard process methodology.
* Actively participates in reviews of requirements and specifications, to develop, document and implement repeatable test plans.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field highly preferred.
* 0-2 years of experience software testing and/or system development lifecycles, as well as, software business requirements and system design documentation methods with Bachelor's Degree or 8+ years of experience without a Bachelors Degree
* Basic knowledge of relational database concepts and experience writing SQL for purpose of analysis, testing, and troubleshooting
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 . This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
Job Segment: Quality Engineer, Developer, Medical, Software Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Quality, Healthcare