Posted in: Engineering in United States | Posted: |
CapTech Data Engineers enable clients to build and maintain advanced data systems that bring together data from disparate sources in order to enable decision-makers. We build pipelines and prepare data for use by data scientists, data analysts, and other data systems. We love solving problems and providing creative solutions for our clients. Distributed Data Engineers are focused ondelivering data engineering solutions using non-Cloud Specific Tools in a distributed computing tech stack. We enjoy a collaborative environment and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with other developers, architects, and our clients.
Specific responsibilities for the Data Engineer Distributed position include:
* Developing data pipelines and other data products using on-premises Hadoop clusters, hybrid infrastructure, Snowflake, Databricks, or MPP systems
* Advising clients on specific technologies and methodologies for utilizing resources to efficiently ingest and process data quickly
* Utilizing your skills in engineering best practices to solve complex data problems
* Collaborating with end users, development staff, and business analysts to ensure that prospective data architecture plans maximize the value of client data across the organization.
* Articulating architectural differences between solution methods and the advantages/disadvantages of each