Apply on Company Website
American Addiction Centers
Grand Prairie, TX
Posted 2 hours ago
Apply on Company Website
If you are searching for a fulfilling place to develop your career and an opportunity to make a difference in helping others, then keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a progressive culture; we listen to your ideas, value a work/life balance, invest in education, and we foster trust and respect for all individuals. Our exceptional comp and strong benefits include company matching 401K, employee stock purchase program, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We are looking for our future leaders, who are not only going to fill the qualifications for this job description, but who are going to exceed expectations. Be a part of a team whose mission is to provide quality, compassionate, and innovative care to adults struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our purpose and passion are to empower patients, their families, and our communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.
- Counsel clients individually and in group sessions to assist in overcoming alcohol and drug dependency.
- Refer clients to other support services as needed, such as medical evaluation and treatment, social services, and employment services.
- Monitor condition of client to evaluate success of therapy, and adapt treatment as needed.
- Prepare and maintain notes, reports and case histories.
- Formulate and conduct programs to promote future prevention of
- drug and alcohol abuse.
- Provide crisis counseling to clients, deescalating client anxiety or anger, in person, at physical location of client or clients.
- Provide group and individual counseling to assist in overcoming alcohol and drug dependency.
- Assess appropriate response to crisis.
- Advocate for clients and refer clients for other support services as needed, such as medical, social, or employment services.
- Prepare and maintain notes, reports, and case histories in electronic health record system.
- Respond as needed to crises as crises arise and make immediate, appropriate decisions that are in the best interest of both the client and organization.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Counseling certification from an accredited institution.
- 2 years' experience working in a substance abuse environment.
- Ability to work effectively with people and aid them in adjusting to their specific problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, family members, and other members of staff.
- Knowledge and experiences in running groups, meetings and/or activities.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years clean and sober.
- Ability to assess appropriate response to crisis and determine client needs.
- Knowledge and ability in use of motivational interviewing.
- Ability to work as needed, including on-call, evenings, weekends, and holidays to address crises.
- Valid driving license.
- If in personal recovery, must be clean and sober for a minimum of two years.
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability discrimination laws.