Position: SAP Delivery Lead
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: Long Term
The IT Delivery Lead is an informal leadership work lead role responsible for providing direction to IT delivery teams supporting the planning, development and implementation of project efforts that utilize information technology solutions.
The IT Delivery Lead is an informal leadership work lead role responsible for providing direction to IT delivery teams supporting the planning, development and implementation of project efforts that utilize information technology solutions. This is a senior level individual contributor role which uses its expertise and influence to coordinate project activities and act as the lead liaison between project teams in IT, customer business unit and MEP project management organization. This role understands the structure, policies, and operations of an organization; working in conjunction with team members, within the architectural direction to recommend pathways and solutions that enable the organization to achieve its technology goals.
Required Skillset: Administration (BASIS) and development (ABAP) in SAP. SAP CRM, SAP IS-U (CRB)
1. Lead day to day activities of one or more project delivery teams, ensuring alignment to software delivery processes and best practices. Provide IT oversight of project management activities and deliverables for project teams though all phases of the software development cycle.
2. Works with the MEP Project Managers to define, develop, establish and maintain project management standards, procedures, project deliverables, and metrics.
3. Works with the MSA/Vendor Engagement Leads, Managers to define, develop, establish work priorities, processes towards successful execution and delivery of SOW SLA metrics.
4. Obtains feedback throughout the process to ensure project efforts meet customer time/cost/performance expectations.
5. Serves as Subject Matter Expert to the assigned portfolio.
6. Works in conjunction with technical experts, vendors and business analysts in influencing technology selection/direction to determine if a standard or custom solution is required.
7. Acts as a liaison between business unit and IT teams to plan and coordinate solution delivery work activities in the most cost effective and efficient means.
8. Oversees the system development and release management process, as well as client/customer vendor relationships to ensure service expectations are met.
9. Works with business units to prepare for project implementation; coordinating communication plans, process changes and training.
10. Initiates new ideas and approaches; utilizes Continuous Improvement (CI) to improve current processes/approaches.
11. Establishes and maintains relationships with a diverse group of executives, managers and SMEs within IT and business unit groups.
12. Collaborates with project team members, project managers, and leadership to avoid and resolve conflicts.
13. Communicates technically complex issues in simple terms for various audiences.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; four-plus years software development/project management/enterprise application implementation experience; specific experience leading cross-site/cross functional project teams and addressing business and technical issues; experience managing projects/leading teams by applying industry standard techniques, project management tools and continuous improvement principles; advanced knowledge/ experience with defining, tracking and analyzing metrics; consulting and influencing skills consistent with the ability to build relationships and influence parties; may include getting parties to embrace changing expectations and initiatives; Experience as a BA with CR & B application, Web/Mobile channels.
- May be required to work on-call and provide off-hours support.
- Written/verbal communication and advocacy skills consistent with the ability to present results of projects and research.
Ability to engage in persuasive interaction with senior and executive leadership.
- Ability to develop/ coordinate cross-functional work groups and projects, yielding optimal outcomes.
- Business and management acumen extending beyond the incumbents specific job, enabling him to proffer valuable insights, recommendations or challenges to policies, procedures and practices extending beyond the immediate scope of responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of financial and economic analysis, as well as project and risk management.
- Ability to apply project planning and implementation and/or continuous improvement (CI) principles to affect tangible, positive outcomes.
- Competent in multi-tasking (i.e. the ability to prioritize & manage multiple tasks, issues or projects that may include high-visibility initiatives and require innovation, teamwork, and planning).
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to the open exchange of new ideas, and alternatives to orthodox approaches.
- Deals effectively with resistance; takes positive steps to avoid the recurrence of errors through constructive critique.
- Ability to work in a team and/or matrix structure supporting multiple clients.
- Ability to conduct effective/efficient meetings and manage the meeting process with optimal results.
- Flexibility and the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities.
- Balances multiple demands from superiors, subordinates, and/or peers in a positive and even-handed fashion; displays a calm demeanor under pressure.
- Initiates new ideas and approaches; challenges prevailing practices and approaches with reasonably sound alternatives.
- Requires strong collaboration, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of system development strategies, project management and vendor management.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize varying combinations of the competencies cited in this description, depending on the organization and role to which theyre assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the right of any supervisory or management representative to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Contact person: Santosh Nanda - -
OpenLogix Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. OpenLogix does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.