Posted in: Administrative and Support Services in Oakland | Posted: |
About the Kapor Center
The Kapor family of organizations (The Kapor Center [ SMASH [ and Kapor Capital [ works to remove barriers to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education and tech careers for underrepresented people of color. We take a comprehensive approach to fixing the leaks at every stage of the tech pipeline, from K-12 education through the workplace with education programs, advocacy, and social impact investing.
The Kapor Center is looking for a Senior Data & Insights analyst to work across the Computer Science Education Equity, Tech Workplace, Ecosystems, and Communications teams to support the use of research and data to inform the design and implementation of strategies, practices, and policies to diversify the technology and entrepreneurship ecosystem.
The key projects that the Senior Data & Insights Analyst will support:
* Alliance for Identity Inclusive Computing Education (AIICE): AIICE is a national collective impact initiative to broaden participation in computing across the K-12 and higher education pipeline through impacting institutional policy and educator professional development. The Research & Evaluation team will play the role of co-backbone responsible for developing and tracking shared metrics across partners and activities.
* Impact Measurement: The Kapor Center is committed to creating strategies and programs through data-informed decision making. The Research & Evaluation team works across teams to develop goals and metrics, articulate team strategies, and measure impact for a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
* SMASH: SMASH is a longitudinal high school to career STEM immersion program for underrepresented students of color across 10 sites in the U.S. The program includes over 1,100 current students and alumni that the Research & Evaluation team is responsible for evaluating.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
The Senior Data & Insights Analyst will support a variety of research and evaluation projects, including:
* Assisting with research project planning, executing evaluation plans, and assisting with quantitative data analyses.
* Understanding the story within data, and translating complex data into clear and accurate visualizations (e.g., dashboards, interactive visualizations, infographics) to reveal insights and facilitate decision-making.
* Planning, coordinating, and performing descriptive and predictive statistical analyses (e.g., t-tests, ANOVAs, regressions), using developed surveys and public data sources such as the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the California Department of Education
* Assisting in developing and fielding online surveys (using Qualtrics and Google Forms)
* Cleaning and organizing data files in a systematic and detailed manner
* Overseeing the data requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
* Supporting the preparation of presentations, reports, articles, policy briefs, and other written materials
* Experience developing and maintaining large data sets and working with CRMs and other databases
* Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, etc.)
* Knowledge of and experience with building dashboards and data visualizations with new or existing tools (e.g., Tableau)
* Experience programming surveys or questionnaires in a platform such as Qualtrics
* Demonstrate broad technical knowledge
* Ability to think strategically about data management solutions and creatively about data dissemination
* Strong written and verbal ability to communicate data trends and insights to a variety of stakeholder audiences
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and responsively while meeting project deadlines
* Solid working knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Education or experience in social policy, education, social science, statistics, or economics
The Senior Data & Insights Analyst will also demonstrate the following personal attributes and characteristics:
* Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and a highly entrepreneurial culture
* Strong interpersonal public speaking and engagement skills; a leadership presence that instills confidence and conveys subject area expertise
* Very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
* Strong work ethic with minimal need for direction
* Creativity and vision
* Passion for diversity and inclusion and impacting communities of color
* Deep and authentic commitment to our organizational values:
* We Close Gaps, Open Doors, and SMASH Barriers
* We Value Tech as a Tool to Scale Social Impact
* We Lead with Racial Justice and Reflect the Communities We Serve
* We Honor Distances Traveled, Not Just Finish Lines
* We Challenge with Urgency, Respect, and Purpose
* We Dont Just Talk. Positive Intent Must Lead to Positive Action
The Kapor Center provides competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, paid time off, 401k, volunteer time, flexible spending accounts (i.e. parking, transit, medical and dependent care), student loan repayment assistance and on-demand mental healthcare. Our collaborative office is located in Oaklands dynamic Uptown District.