Posted in: Legal/Lawyers in San Francisco | Posted: |
At Ubisofts Legal Department, were looking for creative ground-breaking top talent, innovating and disruptive business executive professionals whose area of expertise happens to be legal. Like us, youre passionate about games, about people, about communication, about having a transformative impact in this fast moving ever evolving legal world. Youre not afraid to experiment, try and try again until you succeed and always positive. Youre mindful, emotionally intelligent, adaptable and a real strategic business partner. Come join us!
Our Legal team is organized in a centralized structure around business priorities with dedicated legal counsels for each area of expertise. Been embedded across the studios enables us to be tactically focused on the specific needs at stake and to provide the exact attention needed to conduct the companies business effectively. We are proud of the very strong partnership between the legal team and all Ubisofts teams which we strive at perpetuating and enriching every day.
As Junior Legal Counsel based in San Francisco in the Game Production worldwide Legal team, youre at the heart of what makes Ubisoft so unique: content. Your days will be filled with in-game content problem solving equations, devious questions which answers are never black or white and have multicultural legal implications. Internationally and culturally diverse professionals from around the world who strive at finding the next innovative breakthrough in game development and player experience will become your best friends and look up to you for disruptive and innovative legal advice breaking the boundaries of any current and future regulations. You will help build innovative legal solutions that comply with current regulations and will be responsible for their implementations at the San Francisco studio. You work upstream to identify the best strategy, to assess and manage risks and to provide support in implementing such solutions.
Business partner is your motto. Anticipation, your creed.
WHAT YOULL DO
* Draft, review and negotiate all sorts of commercial agreements in English, for a variety of third-party contractual relationships, including creative services, licensing, talent agreements;
* Provide strategic and practical advice to Ubisofts production teams, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that production people can use
* Be the one to call for any in-game-off-the-wall-content question production teams have and provide tips and tricks for the teams to move forward
* Support, accompany and train all creative teams around the globe to give them the best legal reflexes needed to boost their creativity. You will collaborate with other legal counsels around the globe to develop the tools needed for such training
* Youll always keep an ear out for any shift in a legal landscape and business developments in the video game industry and other disruptive industries which could impact directly or indirectly production subjects
* Ensure conformity with Ubisofts business needs, policies and risk tolerance
* Anticipate and support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
* Streamline the contract management process for game production contracts in connection with the procurement and accounting team.