Stonebranch is a thriving software development company providing solutions for modern IT organizations. Our products provide enterprise-wide automation of complex IT business processes in a simple, intuitive way including processes on the cloud, distributed, and on the mainframe. Stonebranch clients include some of the world's largest financial, healthcare and technology institutions. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Stonebranch has more than 350+ customers and points of support throughout the world, including the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Spain, Greece and Germany.
We are looking for a zOS System Programmer to provide a stable and contemporary z/OS environment to support Stonebranch's software developers, quality assurance engineers, support staff, and field engineers.
* Reports to the Universal Agent Team Lead
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Accept ownership of all mainframe-based systems, including multiple z/OS sysplexes
* Install new z/OS releases as they become available and configure to support Stonebranch's requirements
* Keep supported systems current with the latest maintenance provided by IBM Maintain system reliability and ensure availability
* Serve as a resource for other team members, sharing knowledge of existing and upcoming z/OS capabilities and participating in release planning when necessary
* Resolve any system-related problems that may arise in a timely and efficient manner
* Work closely with Stonebranch's z/OS mainframe provider in activities such as scoping and adding or upgrading hardware, provisioning DASD, and diagnosing any connection-related issues
* Provide level 1 operational support for z/VM and zLinux systems
* Be available after hours for emergency or exceptional situations concerning the mainframe and mainframe-based systems
* The ideal candidate will have several years' experience working as a zOS System Programmer, and should familiar with zOS organization and internals.
* The ideal candidate will possess strong technical knowledge (beyond that of a typical user) of the following products/areas: TSO/E, ISPF, PDF, SDSF JES2 VTAM, TCP/IP RACF SMP/E Unix System Services (USS) Hardware Configuration Definition (HCD) Creating and configuring Sysplex environments DASD provisioning/management
* Experience with the following items is highly desirable, but not required: Assembler language z/VM administration and management
* Interpersonal skills and appreciation of other people's work discipline
* The ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally with Stonebranch employees and partners
* The ability to work in a team
* Fluent in English
* Highly competitive Pay
* 10 Holidays
* Fitness & Gym
* Great company culture
* Healthy Food and Drinks
* Relocation assistance available
* Employer paid benefits (medical, vision, dentaletc.), with health incentive program
_We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class._
Apply Online Today!