Posted in: Other in Chicago | Posted: |
ATS Institute Of Technology has been successfully helping students achieve their educational goals since 1998. Accredited nationally by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). The campus is located in downtown Chicago near Millennium park, conveniently situated right next to multiple transit systems that all provide commuter students, faculty and staff convenient access to the campus. We are currently seeking a fulltime Nursing Faculty to join our team of motivated and passionate educators. ATS has been committed to continuous program improvements in becoming a world class and innovative educational institution. The College embraces a student-centered philosophy of teaching and mentoring which caters to the needs of individual students.
Nursing Faculty facilitates student learning of the course materials with a focus on NCSBN standards. The Nursing Faculty encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect. The Nursing Faculty will teach theory in a live online environment and teach lab on campus. Facuulty responcible to evaluation of student achievement, advising students, curriculum development, program revisions and evaluations, and other matters as assigned in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the College.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides education which aligns with an active learning or flipped classroom approach and supports student learning.
* Designs class instruction and lab activities through the development of innovative lesson plans and materials which meet NCSBN standards. Effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
* Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement.
* Coordinate student success in lab and clinical. Provides instruction that will assist students in obtaining skills necessary to meet clinical requirements.
* Works with students to identify their strengths, learning styles, and areas requiring further development, and to develop and implement remediation plans as needed.
* Maintain accurate records, submit grades and other reports on time, and enforce College academic and attendance policies.
* Build student confidence in preparing for the NCLEX exam.
* Collaborate with other course team members, including class, clinical, and lab instructors teaching the same subject to promote consistency in teaching and learning which will lead to student success.
* Participate in professional development related to teaching and nursing skills, college activities, committees, and seminars as well as departmental meetings/activities.
* A Bachelors's degree in nursing from an academic institution accredited by a regional or nationally accredited agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
* Applicants with a Master's or Doctorate degree or are in the later stages of earning a Master's or Doctorate degree in nursing are preferred
* Prior experience teaching in an online environment is mandatory
* Ideal candidates will have academic experience in a school of nursing with a successful record of teaching in nursing.
* A minimum of 3 years experience as a registered nurse.
* Direct patient care experience within the previous year in a clinical setting or as a clinical nursing instructor.
* Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License in Illinois required.
* Ability to relate to students and to communicate subject material using innovative approaches and technologies.
* Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
* Will be required to teach classroom, lab and clinical component of the assigned course
Full-time faculty is eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
Health and dental plan
4 weeks of paid Vacation, sick, personal days and holidays
401(k) Plan with employer match
Professional development with CE credits and more