Posted in: Retail in Chicago | Posted: |
PLANT MANAGER - BREAD BAKERY FOOD MANUFACTURING
_similat job titles:_Operations Manager, Plant Operations Manager, Production Manager
LOCATION: La Porte, IN; about 35 miles south east of Chicago
JOB SUMMARY: Reports to the plant General Manager and Senior VP of Manufacturing.Responsible for all phases of plant management: production, engineering, sanitation, and shipping, in a medium-sized, 140 persons bread and roll bakery manufacturing plant.Manages all activities that are required to safely produce quality products with the most efficient use of labor and materials on a scheduled shift and line(s).
DESIRED LEADERSHIP TRAITS:
* Charismatic; shows floor presence.
* Able to corral manager team onto the same plan of action.
* Knowledgeable enough to identify the best action plan.
* (5) Five or more years experience in management within a high-speed sliced bread or bun manufacturing environment.
* Sliced Bread or Buns experience required; experience working with ovens.
* Experience with large-scale bakery equipment.
* Understanding of function between ingredients, time, and temperature in the baking process.
* Proven success of building teams.
* Union management experience
OTHER DESIRED TRAITS:
* Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing background.
* AIB training
* BRC / SQF knowledge
THIS JOB OFFERS THE FOLLOWING:
* Outstanding opportunities with a stable and established organization.
* Excellent benefits, including:
* Comprehensive healthcare
* Defined pension plan
* Highly adequate relocation assistance is provided if needed.
ARE YOUA GOODFIT?
ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR SUCCESS:
* Innovator and leader in change.
* Promote and utilize others talents.
* Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
* Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
* Leadership style yields influence and trust. Youre not just the boss.
* Achieves results.
CONSIDER THIS BEFORE APPLYING:
* Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
* Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
* Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?