Posted in: Other in Indianapolis | Posted: |
KIPP Indy Unite Elementary is seeking an enrichment teacher to provide high-quality instruction for grades K-5.
Teachers at KIPP Indy Unite Elementary are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction in their classroom that produces strong results and student understanding. Teachers will use data to inform their instruction and do whatever it takes for all students to learn. Teachers at KIPP Indy Unite are committed to leading and teaching through an anti-racist lens, will work to make their classrooms safe, joyful environments, and build relationships with their students to ensure every student can be successful.
* Create lesson plans in specific subject areas for the grade K-5 and lead instruction for students in your class.
* Exhibit positive rapport with students, families, and staff
* Internalize lesson plans to execute at a high level
* Use assessment data to inform planning and modify lesson plans to meet the needs of students
* Maintain a safe and organized classroom
* Implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
* Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all families
* Participate in weekly content professional development meetings outside of school hours
* Serve on school committees as needed
* Perform clerical duties, as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
* Demonstrate a willingness to go above and beyond for students, staff, and families
* Participate in school-wide and individual professional development, including two weeks during the summer, weekly school-wide meetings, and ongoing racial equity training
* Provide time in the evening, by phone, for questions and concerns that students and/or families may have regarding education-related issues that could not be handled during the school day
* Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with all staff
* Uphold the code of conduct and all school policies
* Be available for open houses, family conferences, and other events involving parents and families
* Believes deeply that all students can learn and deserve a high-quality education
* Exhibit KIPP Indy Unite Elementary values of joy, teamwork, love, and grit
* Perseveres through challenges and is adaptable to change
* Understands their own strengths and weaknesses and shows initiative in seeking ways to always improve
* Develops strong relationships
* Communicates across lines of differences and proactively creates inclusive environments
* Plans carefully to meet both short- and long-term goals and holds themselves accountable for meeting goals
* Uses data to solve problems