Posted in: Engineering in Indianapolis | Posted: |
Job Title: Centralized Services Engineer
What you would do here: The Accelerate Client Services Team is a great place to grow your skills and keep our team and clients productive. Accelerate manages and monitors the infrastructure and tools of all of our clients networks and our own infrastructure. In order to be effective, we use a variety of tools to update, upgrade, patch, monitor, and remediate those systems. The Centralized Services Engineer position plays a pivotal role in making sure all systems are operating, updated, and protected. This position is also responsible for optimizing the use of our own internal tools, reducing noise and automating response, remediation, and notifications.
You might be solving a backup problem one day and scripting an automated notification across all clients the next day. This is not an entry level job as you will be asked to monitor systems, perform root cause analysis, create remediation plans, and deploy tools to monitor the future success of the approach.
To be effective, you must have the ability to quickly maneuver between tasks, be extremely organized, communicate well and have the experience to understand business, technology, and efficiency.
What we look for in a team member:
* Excellent communication and listening skills and a desire to help people
* General business acumen that allows you to understand priorities and client risk
* Three or more years of IT technical support or service desk experience
* Excellent organization and attention to detail with proven documentation skills
* Ability to perform root cause analysis on issues that occur within or across clients.
* Ability to handle multiple simultaneous issues
* Some programming background (though this is not a software development position)
* Highly collaborative, team player mindset
* Dedication to delivering quality solutions
What you already know and may have done:
* Designed and developed customized scripts and automated response/alerts within IT tools
* Performed preventative maintenance on servers, networks or workstations
* Participated in creation and maintenance of IT standards and procedures
* Done troubleshooting on system backups and performed data restoration
* Analyzed and evaluated reports and made recommendations to reduce or eliminate the possibility of reoccurrence.
* Automated repetitive tasks (preventative maintenance, software installation, etc.)
* Managed the on-boarding/off-boarding clients
* Trained coworkers on some technical topic or process
* Worked on a service/help desk for an organization
* Tracked your time in a ticketing system
* Worked on current Windows client and server operating systems, client and server hardware
Ideally you have:
* Bachelors degree, with a minimum of three years of experience in IT roles, information systems, systems analyst or related disciplines
* Worked with MSP tools like Connectwise Manage, Labtech, Automate, and IT Glue, or similar
* Collected and analyzed data to find trends and ways to replace manual tasks with automated routines.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new things
* Some project management experience
We were founded in 1995 based on the idea that IT solutions could really drive business performance, rather than being just a necessary expense in the budget of a company. We exist to empower organizations with business-driven technology solutions that allow them to work smarter, mitigate risk and reach their full potential. Our team huddles on the north side of Indianapolis and serves clients throughout Indiana and the US.
Accelerate, Inc. is a privately held company. The leadership team has several decades of IT and business ownership experience, and they have created a company culture of excellence and delivery. In fact, Accelerate won the distinction of one of the 2019 Best Places to Work in Indiana. The Accelerate team shares a servant mentality and strives to provide advice, solutions and delivery on time and within budget.
Accelerate provides IT services to hundreds of corporate, educational institutions, government entities, and not-for-profit clients throughout Indiana and the US and has been recognized as an industry leading business by many organizations over the past two decades. We have been the recipient of the Better Business Bureaus Torch Award for Ethics and are members of the Inc. 5000 and the Indianapolis Business Journals largest IT support firms in Indianapolis.
Our client retention is outstanding and we enjoy multiple clients that have worked with us non-stop since 1995. Check that against other IT companies!
The Accelerate culture is inspiring. The team genuinely enjoys their work and they enjoy each other. We have a family atmosphere that values people first and recognizes that we work to live, we dont live to work! The organization spends significant budget dollars on employee events and invests in driving a great place to work. The benefits are strong for the size of company and if theres ever a company cookout, its the owners at the grill! The vibe of the team is to stay very focused on client delivery, but we arent afraid to have a bit of fun along the way.
People matter we care about the people we work with and the people we work for
Ethics matter were going to do it the right way or were not going to do it at all
Service matters We are passionate about providing an outstanding client experience
Accelerate hires for culture fit over technical skills and experience. If you have the aptitude and attitude, we can help you grow your career through training, mentoring, increasing responsibility, and being around other rock star employees.
Learn more at [