Posted in: Executive Management in Indianapolis | Posted: |
JOIN THE TEAM THATS POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, were driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in
Indianapolis for a Commodity Manager
Learn more about this role and how you can begindriving your career forward!
Scope of Work
Key Job Elements
- Develops, executes, and maintains a comprehensive supplier strategy with emphasis on quality, cost control, availability, and delivery.
- Interfaces engineering on emerging technical initiatives and directs purchasing activities in support of those initiatives
- Negotiates and maintains supplier contracts to ensure continuity of supply
- Prioritizes and cultivates quality capable suppliers who consistently provide the best total landed cost, lead-times, inventory investment, system integration, and value adding resources in support of product and process development.
- Continually improves the value of supplier relationships.
- Ensures the organizations strategic objectives and plans which have been set are being delivered by developing and continually assessing key performance measures.
- Leads, develops, and implements new strategic sources and efficient supply chain strategies, both domestically and internationally.
- Models a service-oriented, collaborative environment across the organization.
- Ensures best practices are utilized across the team and organization.
- Maintains a physical presence in the workplace.
- Manages ongoing relationships and resolves conflicts as needed.
- Maintains and adheres to corporate purchasing and supplier quality policies and procedures.
Other Key Competencies
- Flexible, motivated and capable of making changes to improve and sustain functional proficiency while adapting to changing business and customer needs
- ERP System knowledge relating to purchasing, supplier, and materials management including the ability to develop and implement system level procedures that document best practices and workflows that are consistently applied by all staff in all locations.
- Proven skills in project, process and people management.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people and possess the skills in problem solving, situation assessment and conflict resolution.
- Driven self-starter with the ability to be self-directed.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and / or transportation related industry markets, practices, and products.
- Bachelor Degree
Additional Required Candidate Qualifications
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
- Masters degrees in Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Mathematics, or Management
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Procurement, Engineering, Program Management, Supplier Quality & Development
- Working experience of automotive or heavy duty vehicle manufacturing desirable
Additional Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity (CPSD)
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Certified Quality Analyst (CQA)
- ASQ certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Familiar with SAP software
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at .
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.