Posted in: Other in Baltimore | Posted: |
As The League receives referrals for Behavior Support Services, cases will be assigned to a BSS Consultant who will be responsible for implementing the requested/authorized services (i.e., behavior assessment, behavior plan development, and behavior consultation). All BSS services should focus on positive behavior interventions and utilize a person-centered approach to address undesirable behaviors which will allow individuals with disabilities the ability to reach their highest level of independence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure services meet CARF, DDA, DORS, MSDE and other regulatory requirements and best practices for the provision of behavior support services.
* Submit all documentation within the required timeframes, to ensure timely service delivery, billing, and compliance with regulatory deadlines.
Behavior Assessment (up to 8 hrs)
* Complete functional behavior assessment and adaptive skills assessment to determine appropriate functional alternatives.
* Each assessment should include, at a minimum, a thorough review of behavioral data and records, interview with relevant team members, and observations conducted in the appropriate environmental setting(s).
* Submit completed assessment document within 10 business days of completing assessment, which includes summary of findings and recommendations.
Behavior Plan Development (up to 8 hrs)
* Use information collected during the behavior assessment to develop a quality behavior plan that includes the teaching of new skills or improvement in their skills so that they can engage in functional alternatives that are more adaptive. Provide guidance on how to manage target behaviors when they do occur, so that they are not reinforced, and create reinforcement systems that promote positive skill development and adaptive behavior.
* Develop and utilize data-based measures to monitor behavior program effectiveness and propose modifications.
* Ensure that effective communication and training on the plan is provided to the person-centered team including the person served, family members, direct staff, supervisor, and other key support persons.
* Facilitate regular meetings with all persons involved in the behavior plan to assess progress in addressing behaviors and the impact on meeting individual goals, including the need for modification to or the discontinuance of plan.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
* Demonstrate the Five Core Values of The League (Accountability, Participant Focus, Quality, Independence and Mutual Respect).
* Operationalize the mission of The League for People with Disabilities by creating a supportive environment for participants and staff
* Qualification Requirements:
* Knowledge and demonstrated skills in the theory of applied behavioral analysis, behavioral strategies/techniques, and evidence-based practices.
* The ability to work with diverse populations.
* Problem solving abilities.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
* Masters degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field. LCSW-C, LCPC, or BCBA required.
* Minimumof 3 years experience working with persons with disabilities who have behavior challenges.
N/A. This is a 1099 position.