Posted in: Finance in Baltimore | Posted: |
The incumbent will be responsible for payroll processing through the HP LAN System and Financial Management Information System (State Payroll System FMIS) in a timely and accurate manner. This includes all on-cycle and off-cycle payroll processing and ensures accurate submission of reports to campus and state system.
* Analyze, process, and maintain all payroll adjustments, leave payouts and corrections.
* Proactively identify any payroll discrepancies and resolve issues on a timely basis.
* Serves as the campus liaison to obtain information required for these transactions; resolving all payroll issues to ensure employees are paid in a timely manner.
* Meeting fixed and fluctuating deadlines while working mid to high volume payroll cycles to achieve work objectives.
* Processing of paperwork (PAR Forms) for all exempt, non-exempt, faculty, and students including new hire/change information and ensuring accuracy and completeness of the paperwork submitted. Document types could include faculty contracts, additional compensation to faculty, flat rate, secondary employment (dual employment), and award payments.
* Provides a high level of immediate customer service to staff, and faculty via telephone calls, email, or office visits for request such as needing forms and/or with payroll related questions-including conducting necessary research and taking action to resolve issues.
* Other duties as assigned to assist in the completion of the payroll/human resources functions.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 3-5 years minimum payroll experience.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
* Independent judgment in resolving complex issues; knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines.
* Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced, people-oriented environment.
* Demonstrated proficiency with computers and software.
* Must be able to work in various work environments including remote.
* Degree preferably in Business, Human Resource Management, Accounting, or related field.
* Experience working in a Higher Education Human Resource position is preferred.
* Banner system and implementation preferred.
* 4 years payroll experience preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of COMAR Policies and Procedures preferred.
* Strong Excel skills preferred