Posted in: Other in Baltimore | Posted: |
We Are Hiring:
WORK SCHEDULE: PINE HEIGHTS LOCATION: MONDAY-FRIDAY 9:00AM-5:30PM WITH ROTATING SATURDAY 8:00AM-1:00PM
Working for Ascension is more than just a job. Its a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
What You Will Do:
Collect and processes blood specimens for testing and performs multiple clerical and processing functions.
* May draw and collect blood samples according to policy.
* Receive, centrifuge, accession, process and transport specimens.
* Verify all related records.
* Work pending list, order add-on tests, and resolve duplicate orders.
* Set up instruments.
* Maintain, clean, and sterilize equipment and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
* Perform clerical duties which may include answering phone, reviewing EKGs, collecting patient demographic data for patient registration, ordering tests, ABNs, data entry and filing.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* BLS Provider preferred.
* Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Phlebotomy Tech preferred.
* Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
* Tech credentialed from the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians.All issuing authorities accepted preferred.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Phlebotomist and healthcare experience
Why Join Our Team:
Serving the greater Baltimore area, Ascension Saint Agnes is recognized as an employer that provides an open, highly collaborative work environment where our workforce reflects the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates as well as a rich learning environment and countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. As an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities within our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, the Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center and Saint Agnes Foundation.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Agnes is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement [
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work [