Posted in: Retail in Baltimore | Posted: |
VANITY FAIR BRANDS, an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. & leading international basic apparel company, has an immediate opening for anINTIMATE APPAREL FIELD MERCHANDISER (PT) in the Baltimore, MD area. Retail background preferred.
24 hour part-time, year-round position available for servicing department stores within a 40-mile radius of Baltimore, MD. The Field Merchandiser builds and increases retail sales associate, store management and consumer awareness of VFB products, including women's intimate apparel. Promotes VFB by educating and selling in-store and through networking with major organizations. This position maintains a thorough knowledge of VFB and the competition through business analysis and communication and works to obtain and keep the dominant position on the selling floor.
* Review and analyze business at the door level by account.
* Develop professional working relationship with sales associates and all levels of management.
* Evaluate floor presentation and prioritize door needs to actively pursue and gain dominant space.
* Educate store personnel and consumers on product and promotions, including in-store bra fitting room sessions.
* Communicate white space opportunities, stock outs and other deficiencies to store management, Account Managers and Merchandising Managers.
* Sell product to consumers.
* Take a leadership role in the setup and execution of events, seminars and promotions, including in-store cross promotions and bra-fit events.
* Maintain detailed knowledge of door's assortment, RTV's and markdowns (fact packets).
* Communicate pertinent information to all channels of distribution regarding competitor's product, marketing strategies and business as it affects VFB.
* Complete accurate and timely reporting and related paperwork (e.g. store visit reports, monthly recaps, expense reports and time tracking).
* 3 - 5 years of experience as a Field Merchandiser, or similar position, within the Retail environment
* High School degree or equivalent
* Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel daily within assigned region (travel expenses reimbursed)
* Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach
* Ability to coach and train peers
* Computer / tablet / smart phone access
* Strong verbal and written communication skills