Posted in: Telecommunications in Detroit | Posted: |
Senior Java Engineer
Position Purpose: Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs. Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Responsible for overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field. (a) Strong working knowledge of COBOL, JAVA, JSP, Supertool, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, etc. Amisys, Facets or other claims management system experience a plus. Experience with web services, messaging, and stored procedures.
- Extensive proven experience of JAVA, Spring Boot, SQL
- Experience with Oracle and other relational DBMS.
- Experience with web-services, messaging (Kafka), micro-services.
- Back-end frameworks to build server-side software
- Unit Testing
- In-depth understanding of the entire development process (design, development and deployment)
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Experience with non-relational database such Mongo.
- Cloud computing integration
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.