Posted in: Administrative and Support Services in New York | Posted: |
Administrative Specialist I
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Business/Accounting/Finance, Office/Clerical
Department: - AG-AGRICUL / BIOLOGICAL ENG
Administrative Spec I
* Personnel - Responsible for the timely preparation of all personnel appointments, change orders and terminations. Maintains all personnel records for faculty and staff. Maintains all payroll records. Monitors OPS appointments to see that they do not work beyond the availability of funds. Reviews preliminary and final paylists to ensure all employees have inputted hours and are receiving correct amounts on paychecks. Develops and maintains job descriptions and organization chart for the Department, in conjunction with the Mgr, Admin Svcs. Advise supervisors on job assignments and job descriptions. Assists faculty in preparation of job descriptions and reclassification requests for faculty, USPS and TEAMS employees on grant projects. Supervises the handling of all leave records for faculty and staff. Advises on leave regulations and monitors leave use for compliance with regulations. Prepares written communications to faculty and staff regarding personnel matters. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive matters concerning disciplinary action, grievances or other personnel problems. Attends faculty meetings as resource person on personnel matters. Represents Department Chairman at other meetings concerning personnel matters. Serves as member of Department Space Committee to provide input on space and facilities needed for office staff.
* Financial - Contacts all faculty supervisors for appropriate funding sources for grad students tuition remission. Monitors tuition expenditures of grant funds to assure that funds are expended according to contract terms; reviews LOA reports to ensure there are no budget errors and tuition follows payrolls for GA's.
* Travel- processes all foreign travel authorizations and expense reports. Advises all travelers on foreign travel requirements.
* Budgetary - Processes and monitors all scholarship accounts. Processes P-card transactions as needed.
* Serves as backup to Fiscal Asst III and receptionist, providing coverage on an as-needed basis,
* Miscellaneous - Maintains files of administrative procedures and regulations effective department operations.
* Assists faculty in preparation of required project outlines and research reports. Assures uniformity in meeting format guidelines. Assembles reports for transmittal to Department Chairman and appropriate Deans, including CRIS reports.
* Administrative - General supervision is provided for OPS employees.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience; $16.19 to $19.78 per hour
Bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
* Fluency in Microsoft Office, with a focus on Excel and Word
* Well-versed in HR rules and regulations
* Administrative experience
* Bookkeeping experience
* Preferred Notary Public
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran's preference. If you are claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 08 Jul 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 23 Jul 2020 Eastern Daylight Time