Posted in: Administrative and Support Services in New York City | Posted: |
Scheduler, Health Services
Cedar Crest is a 130-acre senior living campus located in Pompton Plains, NJ. Our team members enjoy the opportunity to work in a vibrant community situated in the rolling hills and scenic valleys of historic Morris County.
For professionals dedicated to helping seniors live life to the fullest, Cedar Crest provides a rewarding alternative to the typical retirement community career. Our team members help each resident achieve the most active and independent lifestyle possible. In fact, almost everything our residents need can be found on campus or nearby. There is an abundance of amenities available, as well as hundreds of clubs and activities, excellent on-site restaurants, a state-of-the-art medical center, an all-season pool, and a fitness center. For this reason, Cedar Crest continually offers career opportunities in three major categories: Healthcare, Dining and Community Support.
The Health Services Scheduler will take ownership over all scheduling and payroll issues for the Continuing Care non-exempt staff. This role involves the day to day scheduling, staffing, and payroll issues, and also involves assistance in tracking productivity and budgetary reports. Responsible for the monthly scheduling of staff, tracking attendance, tracking vacation and sick time, gathering and checking payroll information on Kronos, working with the floor supervisors and management staff to assure all staffing needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate the schedule
2. Reorganize the schedule to correspond with immediate staffing needs
3. Organize and implement a new procedure for contingent employees
4. Send all pay end reports (in Kronos) in a timely and accurate fashion
5. Deal with all pay issue efficiently.
6. Effectively communicate with current staff and applicants by telephone, written correspondence, email, and/or oral communication when dealing with staffing and payroll issues.
7. Create daily and monthly reports on staffing productivity
8. Assist in the maintenance of open position reports
9. Performs additional duties on request by management to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Health Services Department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to type correspondence and use basic office machines (fax, copier).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated and works independently with attention to detail/follow up.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One year of secretarial or scheduling experience is required.
- Must have extensive experience with computers.
- College or related courses in business or professional school strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Excel and Kronos computer systems preferred.
Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
Health Services Scheduler
United States-New Jersey-Pompton Plains
Jul 8, 2020, 9:43:06 AM