Posted in: Other in New York City | Posted: |
The Special Education Teacher is passionate about supporting the students who are at-risk for academicunderperformance due to emotional and/or physical challenges so that they can succeed in the schoolsrigorous academic program. The Special Education Teacher holds primary responsibility for providingacademic, emotional, and physical services for students who require additional support to thrive within theschools core academic program.
* Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve the minds, characters & lives of students both in and out of school.
* Show unwavering commitment to urban youth achieving greatness.
* Create a positive, structured learning environment to ensure that students observe the schools core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct.
* Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards.
* Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards.
* Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
* Participate in the collaborative curriculum development process.
* Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior to ensure that students observe the schools core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct.
* Be accountable for students mastery of academic standards.
* Share responsibility for grade-level and school-wide activities.
* Exhibit resilience to persevere and turn challenges into opportunities.
* Focus constantly on student learning, thinking critically and strategically to respond to student learning needs.
* Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
* Engage families in their childrens education.
* Commit to continual professional growth, participating actively in department meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings.
* Participate in an annual three-week staff orientation and training.
* Mentor and engage another Teacher in instructional practice and professional development.
* Include a Teacher in daily classroom activities to help students meet academic standards.