Posted in: Other in New York | Posted: |
Hold Brothers Capital, LLC is a leading direct access trading firm that deals primarily with the trading of domestic equities. We offer traders internationally the latest technology that enables high speed direct access to the equity markets through our proprietary software and API connectivity. This fast, efficient operation offers comprehensive summary reporting and superior technology and service. Hold Brothers is a self-clearing broker-dealer is a member of FINRA and SIPC.
The firm is currently seeking a Mandarin-speaking Senior Staff Accountant to join our growing team! Working closely with the CFO and EVP of Operations & Finance, this individual will be an integral member of the accounting and finance team and will work heavily with data and analytics to optimize business decisions supporting our global business, including China. The position is based out of our New York City headquarters located at One Pennsylvania Plaza.
* Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual income and balance sheet statements, account reconciliations, and various other accounting statements and reports
* Daily production of account reconciliation and monitoring of other key brokerage operational controls, resolution of breaks between general ledger and sub-ledger systems to uphold integrity of downstream Regulatory Reporting feeds
* Manage the daily segregation of fully paid securities and weekly computation of the firms reserve requirements to ensure consistent compliance with net capital rules
* Prepare supporting documentation, technical accounting and broker-dealer guidance/interpretation memos to internal and external auditors
* Keep abreast of regulatory developments to make strategic recommendations for process and/or control modifications, and oversee any such implementation in compliance with FINRA and SEC requirements
* Prepare and perform specialized financial analyses and related reports including but not limited to revenue and expense analysis, "what-if" analysis, pro-forma financial statements), etc.
* Manage daily accounting duties including, but not limited to, account payables/receivables, account/vendor reconciliations, revenue recognition and ad-hoc projects as assigned
* Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field. Masters degree or CPA highly preferred.
* Must be fluent in English and Mandarin
* Minimum five years of relevant prior experience in financial services, public accounting, or general accounting
* Prior experience in the securities industry or any FINRA registered broker-dealer preferred
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and proven ability to work independently in a demanding and fast-paced environment