Posted in: Executive Management in New York City | Posted: |
Spark Networks SE is a leading global dating company with a widening portfolio of premium & freemium apps. These brands include Zoosk, EliteSingles, JDate, Christian Mingle, eDarling, JSwipe, and Silver Singles, to name a few! Formed in 2017 through the merger of Affinitas GmbH and Spark Networks, Inc., the company has a presence worldwide and is publicly listed on the NYSE American exchange under the ticker symbol LOV. The company continues its steady growth and we are now for a Director of Financial Reporting (f/m/d) to lead the Financial Reporting Team at our New York office. The Director of Financial Reporting will lead a team of 4 and will report to the Global Corporate Controller.
As the Director of Financial Reporting, your mission will be tolead the SEC reporting function and the accounting for technical areas of the business.
* Manage all required financial filings with the SEC, including preparing and managing the drafting and filing processes for all SEC filings, including 10-K/10-Q, XBRL, 8-Ks and Proxy Statement, along with technical disclosure checklists
* Review consolidation and analysis of financial information underlying the financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and supporting schedules
* Oversee the coordination and preparation of the non-financial sections of Form 10-Q and Form 10-K with the appropriate departments, including Investor Relations, FP&A and Legal
* Oversee the completion of monthly reports with various groups, such as bank groups, or other parties
* Manage the preparation of financial sections of quarterly earnings release and supplemental financial information required by Investor Relations and internal management
* Monitor FASB and SEC developments to identify potential impact of new pronouncements and prepare technical memos documenting the Companys position and disclosure requirements, as needed
* Formalize the Companys position through Accounting Policies
* Perform reviews of significant transactions and assess appropriate accounting treatment and disclosure requirements
* Coordinating with external auditors to complete quarterly reviews and annual financial statement audits in a timely manner
* Responding to inquiries from the CFO, Global Controller, and other company wide managers regarding financial results and finance related initiatives
* Communicating with other departments on accounting and financial reporting matters
* Performing internal controls in accordance with the Companys SOX assessment
* Assist the Global Corporate Controller and other senior finance leadership team members to advance the organizations strategic objectives
Competencies we are looking for:
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
* Ability to work cross-functionally and globally
* Strong work ethic and comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently
* Ability to recognize risks to the expected quality or timelines of deliverables and ability to reprioritize and successfully manage through risks
* Self-motivated, organized, with ability to work in a dynamic environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Team player
* Ability to work in a changing, fast-paced environment
* A passion for and experience leveraging systems and driving process improvements
* Experience in consolidating multiple entities
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. CPA is required
* 10+ years at public accounting firm and experience in SEC reporting and SOX
* Excellent understanding of US GAAP; experience with IFRS a plus
* Understanding of SOX
* Strong Excel skills
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, SAP is a plus
* Experience with Workivas Wdesk and XBRL
* Experience with consolidation tools
* Experience with a digital media and/or online subscription-based company
* edical insurance plan
* Dental & vision insurance
* Life services
* Travel assistance
* 13.5 holidays p.a.
* Reimbursement for related transit and parking fees for work purposes
Spark Networks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees. Any hiring decision is based on qualification, skills, abilities, and the specific needs of Spark Networks with regard to a given position.
See why Spark Networks employees love where they work: check out our Glassdoor reviews [ and kununu reviews [
Let Spark Networks be part of your success story!
We are closely monitoring the development of Covid-19 and adapt our hiring process accordingly (incl. moving all interview stages to a digital format). We continue to be dedicated to hiring the best staff and providing a safe and efficient hiring process. We are happy to share more details with you during our 1st interview call and are looking forward to receiving your application.